SX/SXi/SXi Pro best flame arrestor?????/

So I got the blowsion flame arrestor and that thing is a piece of sh@T... it fell apart after 5 min of riding, so my question is what is the best flame arrestor for me to get.. i have a factory b pipe skat impeller

loictahiti

Site Supporter
the best one, is the one who keep the water off
the stock one seems to be the best, single or double, wamilton seems to be good too

but the best way to keep water off, is to check all the components, joint, oneway valve, rubber thru cable, etc....

for the quality , seems to be the same

MarkR316

GOD loves you & I'm tryin
OK, Guys I have a '94 SX and I bought a twin carb setup off a ZXI with stock flame arrestors and my hood didn't fit. The down pipe from the hood hit the flame arrestor. Did the change hoods between the single carb and dual carb model years? I was thinking of getting some new tau-ceti tornados. What's the best way around my issue?

Mod hood, use stock box. I run pro-k with prefilters and custom splash shields and constantly suck in water. I go through a lot of plugs and surly do some internal damage at the same time. I tried stock and couldnt get it to run right with my setup, I could prob tune it out by changing jets and pop off but didnt want to mess it up since its finally running like it should.
This would be a good time to mod the liner and shed some weight at the same time. Here's mine,
68eb9117.jpg

If you do this be sure to close off the front intake and open up both sides of the rear intakes completely. Its hard to see in the pics but i do have a post about it from last winter

Last edited:
I went through 2 ProK Filters, both ripped at the base after minimal riding. Bought a Tau Ceti and its been mint. More stout construction overall. Prefilters and bilge pump necessary if u do so imo

The stock flame arrestors are all that is needed on stock carbs, regardless of your other mods. Tuning is easier and they are infinitely better at keeping water out.

Top Bottom