Best Gas Cans?

I also figured out how to stop the new tops from leaking, if you got one of them with the issue. That way you can still use the jug while waiting on your replacement. Takes 3 seconds, pm for details.

Ducky

Back in the game!
I emailed VP, and got this email literally like 5-10 minutes later. I reccomend emailing the closest regional VP Office.

"Matt,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We had a brief production error with the jugs that caused a seal failure--unfortunately some of these made it out before it was caught. The fuel jugs have since been redesigned slightly to ensure a consistent seal. Please provide us with your shipping address and the color/shape of your containers and we'll gladly send replacements immediately. You do not need to return the defective units.

Nick Fontana
Office Manager, VP Racing Fuels-South(706) 335-3355 Office
(706) 335-3358 Fax
(770) 530-4028 Cell"

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO

Nice lookin can at a nice price!

I emailed VP, and got this email literally like 5-10 minutes later. I reccomend emailing the closest regional VP Office.

"Matt,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We had a brief production error with the jugs that caused a seal failure--unfortunately some of these made it out before it was caught. The fuel jugs have since been redesigned slightly to ensure a consistent seal.

I just ordered 6 VP cans from my supplier a 2 months back, sold/used 4 of them with no issues. Wonder what they redesigned?

Magnum Mike

Site Supporter
Thank you Matt! I was about to post about how bad my 2 new VP jugs leaked when filling my ski when I saw your post. On mine the caps slip loose on the threads if you try to tighten them.

Ducky

Back in the game!
Thank you Matt! I was about to post about how bad my 2 new VP jugs leaked when filling my ski when I saw your post. On mine the caps slip loose on the threads if you try to tighten them.

Exact same thing happened to mine...try to tighten the cap and it breaks loose. They took care of me with no questions asked, so I am happy with that.

Scribner, I still use the can I bought when I started riding bikes 15 years ago. The vent cap broke off and I have a nail in it, but the lid still seals. The stupid cheap red cans are $25 here now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ducky

Back in the game!
I love a company that stands by their product. I had a complaint about a brand new jug I bought and no questions asked....two days later, I got a new one.

Yv4ETUQ.png

Ducky

Back in the game!
Pretty sure I figured out the issue with the leaky gas cans...at least with my new leaky gas can. On the leaky gas can, the top isnt flat so it isnt making a good seal. Im going to take an orbital sander and make my leaky can flat, and I am guessing itll be good to go.

Can on the left if the new, non-leaky replacement. Can on the right is the on that leaks. You can see the top isnt flat.

YYFYeIP.png

tntp1Ud.png

Top Bottom