Freestyle Best hull wax to use

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I am in the middle of de-foam/re-foam and wondered what wax you guys are using on your hull. Do you guys use the polymer waxes
or the carnauba waxes? Thank you in advance for your input.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
It doesn't matter what others are running because the best wax is a IMO subject. Look at what is available to you locally and then go to the Website and look up some specs and what the wax was designed for. Pick your wax and run it then swear up and down by it like the rest of us.

GIL

It doesn't matter what others are running because the best wax is a IMO subject. Look at what is available to you locally and then go to the Website and look up some specs and what the wax was designed for. Pick your wax and run it then swear up and down by it like the rest of us.

Dam you Boyer!!! I just blew Sun Drop out of my nose and that crap burns!!! LMAO

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter

Run whatever your hull builder recommends.

sticky bumps just rub it all over,make sure you pick the right temp.lol
j/k
Sticky_Bumps.jpg

Last edited:
I actually worked for one of the main car care mfg for a few years (automotive aftermarket industry for 10+ years). Tested a LOT of different products, including some "high-end" waxes where they were $100+ a bottle. Lots of it is preference. I have seen some waxes work better on different colors, different paint, etc. I even detailed show only cars for our company as well as individuals and have seen so many different results that it would make you scratch your head. Don't get me wrong, there is some hard to use and also some crappy products out there, but most are relatively similar.

On some show cars back in the day I did use some of the expensive, not readily available products that were not from the company I worked for (when I worked for them I only used their products though). One of my favorite expensive waxes was Pinnacles Souveran. It performed the same as most cheap easily available waxes on most vehicles, but it sure felt better using an expensive wax on a new black M5 (wasn't mine). On some luxury sports cars I did seem to notice a bit of a difference with it, a noticeable increase in depth, but that was with some "layering".

One thing though, I always preferred the true wax products in the tin cans to liquid versions. Pure Carnauba wax types.

If you really want a good shine, grab a bottle of KY, and rub your ski with it, haha.

And yes, I know the thread was a joke, some newbies might think it is serious so I posted some of my experience on the matter for their sake.

Last edited:

GIL

I actually worked for one of the main car care mfg for a few years (automotive aftermarket industry for 10+ years). Tested a LOT of different products, including some "high-end" waxes where they were $100+ a bottle. Lots of it is preference. I have seen some waxes work better on different colors, different paint, etc. I even detailed show only cars for our company as well as individuals and have seen so many different results that it would make you scratch your head. Don't get me wrong, there is some hard to use and also some crappy products out there, but most are relatively similar.

On some show cars back in the day I did use some of the expensive, not readily available products that were not from the company I worked for (when I worked for them I only used their products though). One of my favorite expensive waxes was Pinnacles Souveran. It performed the same as most cheap easily available waxes on most vehicles, but it sure felt better using an expensive wax on a new black M5 (wasn't mine). On some luxury sports cars I did seem to notice a bit of a difference with it, a noticeable increase in depth, but that was with some "layering".

One thing though, I always preferred the true wax products in the tin cans to liquid versions. Pure Carnauba wax types.

If you really want a good shine, grab a bottle of KY, and rub your ski with it, haha.

And yes, I know the thread was a joke, some newbies might think it is serious so I posted some of my experience on the matter for their sake.

I am trying to find that wax. Is it Kentucky Wax? If so, Jett can probaly help me find it.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Is Honda wax a real wax? Where do I get it?

My flywheel cover says "WAX" on it. Do I have to wax it as well?

Would I need a different wax for engine parts?

honda is a spray polish works ok its a lazy wax requires no work,use 3m marine wax with scotch guard smells tropical and is THE best wax for gelcoat or paint

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
I only use the Walmart brand waxing my lawnmower or if I'm breaking in a new hull.

Top Bottom