Freestyle Best hull wax to use

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I thought you were using KY on the hull bottom to make it more slippery, at least it would explain the ten half empty KY tubes you sent me, BTW where the hell is the 518 I ordered ? :rant:

I am in the middle of de-foam/re-foam and wondered what wax you guys are using on your hull. Do you guys use the polymer waxes
or the carnauba waxes? Thank you in advance for your input.

I use Dolphin wax . You can also use it to wax your Dol...... i can't

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
The "which is the best wax" thread is like the "which is the best oil thread" which is like "which is the best foam" thread, that is like all the other what you used works best threads.
Oh dont forget the "which is the best turf" thread.

I use Dolphin wax . You can also use it to wax your Dol...... i can't

good pointl....baby seal wax works as well...then you use the whiskers to rub it all it....

I think break in wax should be discussed in another thread. Let's keep this thread solely on maintenance wax.

oh yes, another good point

break in wax is a sensitive subject, kinda like fuel tank foam

I am sooooo confused now that I will never see the light of day.........

There is one draw back to using Dolphin wax .... If you wax to much It will make you go blind . Are you sure that confusion is causing the problem.

Last edited:

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
Not sure how accurate this is but many people recommend using marine products and not car products on boats and PWC's. With a car the sun only hits the surface one time. When you are on the water you are also getting the direct reflection off the water. From what I have read the marine waxes are made with that in mind...

#ZERO

Beach Bum
I've heard that polymer waxes are very slippery but don't allow the paint to breathe and can be damaging.

Carnauba waxes are supposed to be breathable to the paint and offer superior UV resistance.

Teflon polymer waxes might increase your top speed but your bottom paint might fade quicker while you're inverted.

BTW... no such thing as Honda Wax.

Top Bottom