Best Intake grate/ ride plate combo

Nice! Have been looking into worx too. So many newer designs these days too, Anyone have experience with Water Cross of Texas, jet dynamics, and pro watercraft racing intake grates and ride plates?

for 701, I have jet dynamic grate and extended ride plate.. Not thrilled with the ride plate. stability is nice and turning good. but porpoises easily on straight line and with two washer in the back to get rid of porpoising, gets a little squirrely for the newbies who ride it. Then they come off dissing your awesome ski that yu put about 4000-5000 grade in all said and done. I heard the pro watercraft ones are supposed to be goood. Thinking about getting one myself. don't get protec, hated mine. I have not heard anything on WCoT plates.. good questions, now that there are some other options out there nowadays..

Nice I ended up going with the wcot intake grate and jet dynamics extended ride plate, I’m running a 1200 with a 144 mag pump. Still looking for a Riva groovy ride plate to try out if I end up hating the jd. I heard not so good things about the prowater craft ride plate

Oh really about the Prowatercraft. That's lame.. I guess riva groovy is still the way to go.. If you are constantly doing turns and tricks and such the jet dynamics plate will work good.. and with that xtra weight from the triple< it might be perfect. R U planning on shimming the rear? I'd say with the xtra weight of the motor, 1 good size washer at most. might not need anything.. I guess depends on how much you weigh too... with 2 washers and me at 205, a little lean over the handlebars keeps nose down.. or a slight turn left or right with no lean and the nose stays down.. good luck.. Damn I was hoping to find a better plate....

Yeah I’m about 230 lbs so will have to play with it and see if shimming is needed, yeah I ordered the prowatercraft originally but after talking to more and more people that said they didn’t like it I just sent it right back out for a return, hoping the jd plate does the trick, if not I’m going to machine groovy style lines into a random r&d ride plate I have that came with hull

Big Kahuna

Administrator
What works for one person may not work for another. When I was racing Stock Class SXR's, everybody was saying "Go with R&D Plate and Grate". I tried it, absolutely hated it. TBM setup worked best. That Prowatercraft may have been a great plate. Riva Groovy and the JD Plates are tried and true. May not be the perfect plate but they both work.

Top Bottom