Blaster Best prop?

Ski is a limited 701. High comp head. Stock carbs. Msd enhancer. Factory pipe. What the best prop for this set up? I love the bottom end punch for freestyle but also love to rip around the course. I have heard 9/15 hooker. 10/16 hooker and a couple other pitches.

Planning on running a pump stuffer.
Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks
Sean

Last edited:
What would you say the 9/15 tops out at with a limited ski; 30mph, 40mph?

In smooth water the difference is 1-2 mph tops. The speed difference widens as is gets rough, that is why racers use steeper props. A 9-15 will feel slower because it accelerates stronger at low speeds.

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
Everybody has different opinions. Best bet would to find a friend that has a prop and borrow it.

I have a skat trac 10/18 and it does good to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Skat 10/18 in wife's B1 ported with Coffman's and XSR46 works awesome. Put a Solas Concord 14/19 in mine fully ported/epoxied with Coffman's and Riva 48, have not tested yet. Both 62t cases.

I come from a boating background with the following statement. The same motor in 2 different boats would need 2 diff props. With that being said. I had pretty much the same set up in an sj with a 9/15 and it ripped. I couldn't see it being great in a blaster. But again I could be wrong. Bump. Any other opinions?

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
I love my old and fairly cheap Skat Trak 14/18 superslim line prop. I have riva 91 octane head, riva red pipe, intake and ride plate. Hits hard on the bottom end, instant snap. great top end. I have a hooker prop sitting on the shelf. I'm one of the few who are not impressed with the hooker prop....especially when it is so expensive!

I have a scat that impros repitched to 11/18 just before they came out with the hooker. worked like a champ.

I've been doing similar research, everyone is going to have diff opinions and setups. From what I been reading 9/15 Hooker is a disappointment. Heard real good things about the 10/16.

IMHO : I am getting ready to try a Solas Concord 13/17 3mm cutback. Been hearing a ton of good things about these with great bottom end punch for a lightly modded blaster.

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
I'm running a hooker big hub 9/15 in my FR...

Ski came with limited 701 n I've since upgraded to a 781.

Ski has tons if low end n seems to still pull hard up top. I can't really go WOT cause the ski just falls over but in a blaster I think a 10/16 will be ideal

Top Bottom