SXR Best replacement side rails

ANy suggestions on where I should go to purchase new Side rails. The oem rails are expensive - $200 for one side. Any aftermarket products you guy can recommend. I would like to order today.

Thanks
Eric

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Blowsion has a couple options for plastic siderail moulding. Pretty cheap IIRC.

I believe it's just auto body moulding. Maybe hit up your local auto paint supply store and see what they have.

Last edited:
What I mean but he side rails are the padded rail caps on the sides of the tray. They are molded rubber that are held on by screws and rivets. About 3 feet long and shaped a bit like and open "S".

Thanks

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Oh, those. I believe OEM is the only padded one piece replacement. Most people will buy some 1" hydroturf pad and pad/turf their own rail caps. Much cheaper option than OEM.

Blowsion does offer new composite rail caps, but they are spendy, plus you still need to turf them.

Cannibal

Tasty Human
I have them on mine, only because it came on it when I bought. It does clean it up some, but if I were starting from scratch, I would be going pad/turf.

Hopefully someone will post a pic of their turfed rail caps so you can get an idea of how they look.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
hydroturf padding and hydroturf. I wouldn't put anything there....just glass in the holes from the rivets and get rid of them.

Sit

Just done the same with mine as when I removed the rail caps during my strip down they broke. Filled holes, glassed the ridges smooth and will be fitting undermpad before turfing up and over the top.

Si

Top Bottom