Super Jet Best shortend sj steering?

I was looking to put a short turn plate on my rn. I have had a umi set up and liked it but also feel the wdk setup is simple as well as the x metal system being cost effective. Any personal experiences or advice is appreciated.

djraider700

lol wut?
i had the x metal quick turn plate and had to keep messing with it to get it to stop loosening after every ride. In the end it had about 4 fat washers, a longer SS bolt, couple jam nuts and a ton of red locktite. Switched to Cold Fusion's fat bar setup and couldn't be happier.

swapmeet

Brotastic
*edit* Three best in order of best-ness:
Air Time Products
WDK

Titan

They all have a sealed bearing design.

I wouldn't use anything that reuses the factory bushing design.

Of course you have to pay to play it seems. All three that I mentioned are over $200. But I'm tired of fighting the system I have so, I can see spending the money on a good part.

Last edited:
Wdk looks nice And seams solid and simple. I think I'm going to get one. Any thoughts on the umi shortened plate with 0 bars. Thanks for the input guys. I hate buying something and being disappointed on the outcome.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Three best:
Titan
WDK
Air Time Products

They all have a sealed bearing design.

I wouldn't use anything that reuses the factory bushing design.

Of course you have to pay to play it seems. All three that I mentioned are over $200. But I'm tired of fighting the system I have so, I can see spending the money on a good part.
Bingo

swapmeet

Brotastic
If you're happy with it, by all means run it cause you're saving a lot of money. But I can't imagine that if you did the Pepsi challenge with a sealed bearing design that you'd still like the factory setup as much.

swapmeet

Brotastic
Little update on this thread. I ordered the ATP steering and got it in yesterday. I would say its nicer than the titan for 1 reason.

The Titan, you have to hog out the hole in the center of your pole to tighten down the main nut. Nobody wants to grind on the business end of a AM billet pole.

The ATP is designed to work with the 4 holes already existing in the handle pole. I haven't installed it yet, but just for that difference I would say the ATP gets the final thumbs up from Chuck Norris.

If it sucks once I install it, i'll let ya'll know.

swapmeet

Brotastic
ATP is larger and heavier, but the Titan requires me to drill a massive hole in my Xmetal pole.

I thought the RRP was proprietary to their pole. :dunno:

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
ATP is larger and heavier, but the Titan requires me to drill a massive hole in my Xmetal pole.

I thought the RRP was proprietary to their pole. :dunno:

No swap I have a titan pole and ordered all rrp stuff should have it any day but it was said it fits

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
you supposedly dont have to hog out the new style xmetal poles. i had to on mine with my rrp steering. i like my rrp, expensive and uses orings with a grease fitting. wdk is another winner fore shore though

Top Bottom