Other Best Sit down to buy under $1,500?

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I bought a GP1200 for $1050, put a steering cable and bars on it. Been riding it almost a year. Well, my Fiance has.

Best big boat ever made imho. Well, the XL1200 is th ebst if you want a sleeper sofa, but our 1200 is a great wave jumper. Not going to do anything spectacular with it but it flies straight and true everytime. I have the 98, so it purposes a lot. Gong to throw a 97 nozzle on it, scrub a few mph but less purposing.

My suggestion but take it with a grain of salt because all my buddy's rip on me for having these skis, gp701's. one started off its life as a gp800 I pulled the blown engine sold all that was good, sold the trailer. Bought a donor wet jet and pulled the good 701 out of it and the west coast pipe. I put a set of beach house sponsons on it and a riva long ride plate to help the handling. Put a 10/18 skat I had in to make the pump complete. It is slow but it handles awesome and I have around $700 into it all said and done. Best loaner ski to have IMO. I let anyone hop on it and they clamp the throttle all day. No one ever offers to help pay for fuel so this saves me money also.

You could always go easy and find a cheap gp760, gp800, or gp 1200. But around here those skis are 2k+

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
My bro picked up a really clean low hour GP1200 for $2k, but we were looking at GP760s around that price.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Its too bad the seapoos have such crappy electronics b/c the 96 xp or the 97-99 spx is a blast to ride for being a couch, they haul a$$ right out of the box, but damn I had trouble out of every last one of them that had the dess, one left me stranded in the pass with the tide going out in 5 foot seas.

Its too bad the seapoos have such crappy electronics b/c the 96 xp or the 97-99 spx is a blast to ride for being a couch, they haul a$$ right out of the box, but damn I had trouble out of every last one of them that had the dess, one left me stranded in the pass with the tide going out in 5 foot seas.

who rescued you?

I bought a kawi 750 sts couch for friends to ride that wouldnt start with a trailer for 500 bucks, sold the trialer for 200, put a used bendix in it i had laying around, fired right up. running it for hours and hours everytime we hit the lake. no issues at all... knock on wood.

chadetroit

Get Wet
Seadoo 97 spx has been a blast, the dess can be finicky but so far 3 seasons with minimum issues $1300 with 3 place trailer can't complain for the fun factor it has provided, with Worx rear skegs it corners like a go kart

1996 seadoo xp 800 they cost 1200 to 1800 all day long and will out run and out perform any Yamaha sit down on the market plus can jump wakes like crazy

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
My 98 gp1200 is bulletproof and I got it for $1500 with a trailer four years ago.

Top Bottom