Super Jet best way to remove stock graphics

ddfearhe

2000 Superjet
i am removing toe graphics from my 2000 superjet. the decal comes off fine, but leaves the glue on my ski. What is the best way to get the glue off. it is a pain

stanton

High on jetskis.
best way is to use a decal removal wheel, takes it all off in one pass. but since you peeled the stickers your going to have to use a solvent.

I took off the ugly graphics below the water line on my 2004. I used a heat gun like $20 at ACE hardware, got most of the glue off and didnt take very long...blow dryer will take a lot longer...

2010brandingo

TEACH ME HOW TO DOUGIE!
xylene! should be able to get it at any hardware store or automotive paint supply. that is what it is made for. put some on a rag and wipe it over the residue and it will soften it. yes a decal removal wheel will work but it costs more and takes longer. i own a custom paint shop and swear by this stuff. will not harm the paint.

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
You'll need a plastic scraper too - the solvent will soften up the glue but you still have to remove it and there's a lot of it!

2010brandingo

TEACH ME HOW TO DOUGIE!
you can rub it off with a couple of rags... not that hard. one to get the bulk and one to wipe it clean. plaslic razor blades work well with this to. you can still use the wheel if you like they work well (more so on small areas like pinstripes) but have fun trying to finish with just one if you have never used one before.

PS: i like the fumes! must b all the paint ive ingested over the years! lol dont even smell it anymore.

KR

www.krlines.com
xylene! should be able to get it at any hardware store or automotive paint supply. that is what it is made for. put some on a rag and wipe it over the residue and it will soften it. yes a decal removal wheel will work but it costs more and takes longer. i own a custom paint shop and swear by this stuff. will not harm the paint.

That xylene is no joke! If you want to get your decals off, use that poop.

2010brandingo

TEACH ME HOW TO DOUGIE!
im tellin ya, exylene is the main ingredient in 3M's Adhesive Remover. this is its intended use.. just alot cheaper then 3M.

stanton

High on jetskis.
you can rub it off with a couple of rags... not that hard. one to get the bulk and one to wipe it clean. plaslic razor blades work well with this to. you can still use the wheel if you like they work well (more so on small areas like pinstripes) but have fun trying to finish with just one if you have never used one before.

PS: i like the fumes! must b all the paint ive ingested over the years! lol dont even smell it anymore.
whaat?? your poor liver! i did mine plus all the extra decals and cf numbers in an hour and a half, with plenty of extra wheel left. ive seen my buddies scrape peel and scrub for hours. no thanks, i like power tools.

2010brandingo

TEACH ME HOW TO DOUGIE!
whaat?? your poor liver! i did mine plus all the extra decals and cf numbers in an hour and a half, with plenty of extra wheel left. ive seen my buddies scrape peel and scrub for hours. no thanks, i like power tools.

been painting for over 20 years, doesnt bother me much anymore.lol plus the smell from exylene isnt that strong. i to can finish in less than one wheel but have seen plenty of people spin through one in less then 15 min.(not knowing how to use it corectly) on larger surfaces i would much rather use chems. with decals still intact i could finish in less than 1 hour with just a heat gun and some exylene, but i have also done this a thousand times. most of the time if u heat the decal before/while you peel most of the adhesive will come off with it. makes the job much easier!

Top Bottom