Better than yours 550 freestyle build.

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
no, but I was talking about having northwest big bore sleeved 771 done up by Art. But never a 760.... thats silly, might as well have just put a kawi motor in it in that case.

that's not true. you can modify a 760 way more for performance, than a big bore 701. the kawi motor is incomparable to the yamaha regarding low end, without a ton of mods to the cylinder and cases.

Last edited:

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
that's not true. you can modify a 760 way more for performance, than a big bore 701. the kawi motor is incomparable to the yamaha regarding low end, without a ton of mods to the cylinder and cases.

.... yea... uh. I know its possible, but I also cannot fit a blaster mod chamber in here, and lets face it. High exhaust port timing is high exhaust port timing... and dont forget about steeper transfer roofs.

Eitherway, I'm incredibly happy with how the motor is running now and I'm finally convinced on keeping this setup for a while. And thats even saying the motor is only making 150 psi. So a hone and new rings... wow another 30 psi will wake it up.

Last edited:

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
just finished up... packing up now. Heading to Syracuse in an hour for some IJSBA'in.

The Sleeper Twins.

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 578

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Na. I ran this last year in Novice Ski Open class, and that was it. It was running some junky OEM 44's and compression dropped to 150, started running funky and I gave up. I was running an MSD, but it had some funky problem. It ran great, but the stop circuit was not working.
Its been torn apart since then... waiting for a full rebuild I guess... not really sure what I'm going to do with it. However I must say, that in the straights, I definiately had Josh Block on his triple Superjet by a good 5mph. I mean he was not even close in acceleration.

I'll probably try to find a good set of stock 38's and new reeds to put on this... I have the oem electronics in it again, but really its time for a new crank and pistons as well

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
I've only probably logged 10 hours on the ski...

Right now I'm working on a much much bigger project. (but still along the lines of what some people might know me for...)

I'm installing a 12 valve 5.9 liter Cummins Turbo Diesel in my 1975 El Camino. I'm getting pretty close to finished. Perhaps another week or two till its driving.

THEN! I'll get to work on rebuilding the motor on the 550.

Top Bottom