Bidding Etiquette?

njfl

X-H2
Once again the moral of the story is if you want something say you'll take it regardless of whether or not you really want it.

It's safer to say, "I'll take it, but I was wondering..."

If it is not what you thought it was or the price is too high then you can always back out.

When someone is selling something on here, they just want it sold. They don't want to play games.

What you described is a game and you will get a very poor reputation pulling that more than a couple of times.

Most people on here do not have rediculous prices, so you should have a ballpark idea of what you (the buyer) is getting into.

When someone is selling something on here, they just want it sold. They don't want to play games.

What you described is a game and you will get a very poor reputation pulling that more than a couple of times.

Most people on here do not have rediculous prices, so you should have a ballpark idea of what you (the buyer) is getting into.

In certain cases I think it's ok. For an example let's say you really need a girdled head, but the seller left out the dome size or you didn't know if that dome size was acceptable for pump gas.

I don't see a problem with saying you will take it, but what's the dome size. If it is not the dome size you are looking for then I don't see a problem with backing out. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it. :dunno:

michael950

for me to POOP on!
Sorry guys, but the member who PMd first gets the "right of first refusal".

He inquired and showed intent. If he buys at the price, then he gets it. Chances are he is not as serious as the second so it is win-win.

The question is more of a time issue than buyer priority. How long does one wait on the first member who PMd before selling to the "Sold" member. I say three calendar days for payment and 24 hours for second contact.

Last edited:

michael950

for me to POOP on!
In certain cases I think it's ok. For an example let's say you really need a girdled head, but the seller left out the dome size or you didn't know if that dome size was acceptable for pump gas.

I don't see a problem with saying you will take it, but what's the dome size. If it is not the dome size you are looking for then I don't see a problem with backing out. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it. :dunno:

Only validity I see to what you say is if the seller left out a stud was missing, needed a rebuid, or some other major modification, repair, missing part, etc.

Otherwise, if you say you will take it and you then decline you waste the sellers time and other buyers who might need it in a timely manner.

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
I was the first PM and there was no price but I did want it .No big deal I'll just buy a new one but I think first PM gets first choice IMO.

That's how I do it when selling something .
Like the b-pipe chamber I just sold.I had 2 pm's within minutes ,1 of them 3 minutes before the other and the first gets it.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I've listed an item in the classifieds but forgot to list the price. As I'm adding to the ad I notice I forgot the price & put it in.

So after I'm done w/the ad I check my PMs; one guy PMs me "how much", and 7 minutes later another PMs me wanting to buy it. Does the second guy get it?:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

well, since the first guy was asking how much since the price was not listed, and the 2nd guy saw your price after you edited it and said I want it.......

First guy really needs to get the first shot, want his fault that the price was not listed orginally, just an oversite........ Just be honest with all parties.

well, since the first guy was asking how much since the price was not listed, and the 2nd guy saw your price after you edited it and said I want it.......

First guy really needs to get the first shot, want his fault that the price was not listed orginally, just an oversite........ Just be honest with all parties.

:biggthumpup:

Top Bottom