big tray

tray width

• Total voters

stanton

High on jetskis.
whats your opinion.
i never move my feet so i dont need a big tray and i use my heel against the gunwhale so if it was wider id have to move my foot over more and that would make it off center.

I am still relatively new to standup but I do like the wider try in the SXR. Seems to be a little more stable with a wider stance

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
haha yea in the back where you should never be standing with both feet...:clown:

assuming your talking about wider tray for surf then. different riding styles, your going to get different results if you dont qualify it befog hand. :stups:

EDIT: lol, just noticed the poll you added.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
haha yea in the back where you should never be standing with both feet...:clown:

thats weird, I enjoy riding with both feet in the foothold

why should I never do that?
I always have at least my right foot back into the foothold

Last edited:

brett

-------------
i need the area to be wider with a size 13 and riding surf-stance. my footstrap is almost up against the gunwhale and we cut a hole for my foot to got through. it worked out great
1_turf_004.JPG

I ride in the surf 100% of the time and I love a widened tray.... seems kinda useless if you are strapped all the time though (except to make room for big ass feet) I do not use the holds anymore,cause I don't really do flips or rolls anymore, so the one on the right is useless, but the left one makes lots of room for the size 14 wrastlin shoe...

Barefoot, rear strap, front foothold is the way I ride now.... I never really leave that stance anymore... I'm old and fragile

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
Its all about the widened tray. it's the lazy mans jetski. It allows you to stay upright and make corrections to your balance much easier. You can gain over 5" of width!!! hehe

Widetray all the way

My fx1 tray measures 20" side to side.

Attachments

• fx1 120.jpg
    fx1 120.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 269
  • fx1 123.jpg
    fx1 123.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 223

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
If your coming off an X2 and switch to the SJ the same day, its a must do. I struggled with that all last year but now its a non issue.

Attachments

• 101_5716.jpg
    101_5716.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 67

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
thats weird, I enjoy riding with both feet in the foothold

why should I never do that?
I always have at least my right foot back into the foothold

Some people feel surf stance is the only way to go. They think it looks more "stylish". Its a matter of opinion, I personally like the looks of both feet back rolls and flips. Surf stance is good just for that, surf riding. But if I wanted to shred waves I'd grab my surfboard instead of the ski. Just my opinion though.

But thats not what this thread is about, I like a narrow tray, makes it feel more like a surfboard or skateboard, gives more control and is easier to lean into imo.

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
oh and re-entries should only be done in surf stance, they just look so sweet that way

Top Bottom