SX/SXi/SXi Pro Bilge, auto or not?

i ride only fresh water and talking about switches i run and $8 knockoff klx110 start/stop switch its the one that you flip it over and it stays on so its the best of both world it can stay on and off. I dont like the auto ones because they will stay on and just like cavitate when there is just a little water in there while they are on the shore

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
A switch will eventually go....if you only run fresh it will last long...but this is cheaper. This auto one does not stay on.

[video=vimeo;46853698]https://vimeo.com/46853698[/video]

rwilliamtaylor

Ride, Wrench, Repeat
On my 550 I run dual rule 500 manuals witha handlebar switch. I turn them on when I start it and off when I'm done. The only problem is they can run for almost a minute to empty the hull after a deep sub or fountain trick. I think the best solution is a scupper valve and a single bilge like i run on my SJ. The scupper empties the hull in seconds and the rule cleans up what's left in seconds... No waiting between tricks. It doesn't cost any more ($99) to put in a scupper ( other than your labor) than it does to put in a rule and handlebar switch. ... And it looks sick... :).

8b975f32.jpg

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
A switch will eventually go....if you only run fresh it will last long...but this is cheaper. This auto one does not stay on.

My last switch went for 5 seasons of salt and fresh. I would have transferred it to my Freak but I couldn't get the nut off the back anymore. So it's probably still working.

My new switch has been going for almost two years without issues. Ya'll need to quit buying chitty switches :biggrin:

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!
I have a bit of an issue with leaving my bilge on I have discovered from the last couple rides. Last weekend my buddy told me twice after coming back into shore I left the bilge on. It doesn't draw near enough power to kill a battery. I haven't charged my battery between two rides about 3 weeks apart. Ski still starts on first press of the button.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
My last switch went for 5 seasons of salt and fresh. I would have transferred it to my Freak but I couldn't get the nut off the back anymore. So it's probably still working.
My new switch has been going for almost two years without issues. Ya'll need to quit buying chitty switches :biggrin:

...but why buy the extra part if you don't need it?

DJ im heading out now to pick up the rulemate, ibve gone through bilges and switchs. want a no hassle no fuss system thanks for the heads up.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
...but why buy the extra part if you don't need it?

I suppose it's personal preference. I like having manual control over when the pumps turn on.
I couldn't fit anything taller than 500GPH standard pumps into my Freak.

Top Bottom