Super Jet Bilge Opinions

SkiPro

Trim down for what!?!?!?
Bought two rule 500 gph bilge pumps, And would like to install both under the drive shaft but the stock one is in the way for both to fit. Should I Just rip the stocker out and put the rule in place of it? Or put one back there and the other inbetween the flywheel cover and the gas tank and leave the stocker? How is everyone else running duals? (if not running scuppers..) How much does the stock one drain? Enough to leave in there? Or would I benefit taking it out and putting both back there? If it helps any I have no bracket and im just going to glue them in... Just seeing everyone opinions on the stocker vs a rule in its place...Thanks guys!!

If you do remove the stock bilge just remember to cap the bilge thru hull fititing, silicone it up, or rubber cap with a hose clamp etc.

Bought two rule 500 gph bilge pumps, And would like to install both under the drive shaft but the stock one is in the way for both to fit. Should I Just rip the stocker out and put the rule in place of it? Or put one back there and the other inbetween the flywheel cover and the gas tank and leave the stocker? How is everyone else running duals? (if not running scuppers..) How much does the stock one drain? Enough to leave in there? Or would I benefit taking it out and putting both back there? If it helps any I have no bracket and im just going to glue them in... Just seeing everyone opinions on the stocker vs a rule in its place...Thanks guys!!

You also have a third option...I believe the blowsion dual bilge bracket has space for the stocker as well. Having said that, I think dual bilges will be much better than the stocker + 1 bilge. I have two rule 500's and they work great. 1 of them was not enough IMO.

Last edited:

SkiPro

Trim down for what!?!?!?
You also have a third option...I believe the blowsion dual bilge bracket has space for the stocker as well. Having said that, I think dual bilges will be much better than the stocker + 1 bilge. I have two rule 500's and they work great. 1 of them was not enough IMO.

What if I had the stocker and one rule in the back and one inbetween the motor and gas tank? Has anyone ever put one there?

i had that in my old fx... stock, one in back and one in front by the tank... the front one didnt do much unless i took on a lot of water.

You can move the stock bilge to the screw that is port of the stock location. Screw looks like it is holding the top and bottom of the hulls together. I just put my bracket in a vice to flatten out the 90deg bend in it.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

550headache

tobacco grower
where does one get a auto 1100? does it use the same through hull bilge fitting?

little trump: do you have any pics of your build? love the colors. I'm building a square from the ground up and a pile of parts and am painting the top deck general lee orange with a black powdercoated AAA pole and black bottom. i'm debating airbrushing numberplates with the confederate flag for the plate.

sorry to get off topic

SkiPro

Trim down for what!?!?!?
Why would you put two 500s when you could get one 1100. Makes zero sense

Because I already have the 500's and the fittings and hoses. Would a 1100 even fit under the drift shaft or near it in the bottom valley with the stock splash guard thing installed? Do or did you put it back on or just leave it off?

where does one get a auto 1100? does it use the same through hull bilge fitting?

little trump: do you have any pics of your build? love the colors. I'm building a square from the ground up and a pile of parts and am painting the top deck general lee orange with a black powdercoated AAA pole and black bottom. i'm debating airbrushing numberplates with the confederate flag for the plate.

sorry to get off topic

pm me man

SuperDrifter

Prototyper
Site Supporter
EBay, just bought one 69 shipped. It does seem to make sense, no switch, less batt. for TL, cant' forget to turn on, etc..

sorry to get off topic

More bilges or siphons never sees like a bad thing...I tried using brackets first, but then realized when you glue them down they get lower (get more of the water out) and you can place them way more strategically. I've got a rule 500 and the stick siphon on one of my skis and I'm pretty sure I could glue another rule 500 on the other side if I was so inclined....
I have an auto bilge on my other ski. It's nice that it doesn't run all the time, but the float is something else to fail (or break) and it needs to be in more standing water to work- doesn't work as well with smaller amounts of sloshing water.

motorsport mania

Oside - Where the surfs at
I have two attwood 500s in my rn that I keep on whenever I'm ridding ditched the stock bilge both are installed right near the bulkhead I'm not a fan of only one 1100 because it leaves you with no redundant backup.

Top Bottom