Bilge pumps..Maybe a new option?

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Going with a dual pump setup this year with one 1000+ gph pump to go with a 1 1/8 outlet, and one smaller pump with the typical 3/4 outlet. I'm not going the automatic route, I've already got a military spec toggle switch,etc. So anyways, for the bigger pump, I was thinking 1200 gph attwood or 1100 gph rule, but then I saw this: http://www.amazon.com/Seaflo-Marine...F8&qid=1393120457&sr=1-13&keywords=bilge+pump
It looks like a knockoff rule 1100 gph, but suuuuper cheap. 16$ shipped. As long as you're running a fuse, what's the worst that could happen? Might have to try it!

Also, what are you guys running for smaller pumps? rule 360, 500, or attwood 500?
I know there's a few pump threads out there, but it'd be nice to see what you guys are running nowadays too.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I'm an overkill kinda guy, and trust two pumps MUCH more than one. Not fun when one pump gets clogged and blows a fuse and then you have to ride conservatively with the stock bilge.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Everything I have read has said that the 360gph Rule is the best going from dry to wet and not having to stop/start it to get it going again. I have a similar plan, going to run the 360gph continues and have either a 500gph Rule or Johnson bilge on a thumb switch.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Everything I have read has said that the 360gph Rule is the best going from dry to wet and not having to stop/start it to get it going again. I have a similar plan, going to run the 360gph continues and have either a 500gph Rule or Johnson bilge on a thumb switch.
Yup that's what I've heard too. Going to have one smaller pump running all the time, and then a bigger pump for when I'm really doing stuff that takes on a lot of a water.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
Try it out and let us know how it goes. For 16 dollar why the hell not. But just like some knockoff stuff you get what you pay for.

naticen

Site Supporter
I've got dual rule 800's and I think that is overkill. They both use the 3/4" outlet which I like too.

Make sure that the only reason you need them is because you like to do a lot of massive subs and not because you are masking problems.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I'm just being better safe than sorry. Modding my hood, new hood seal, ratchet strap, etc.. I know there's people that have run dual 1100s.
I've already got a 1 1/8 outlet too.

mattyboy89

The countdown is on
If your modding the hood it hold take on less water. I ran of the stock and a single 500 all last summer doing tons of deep subs and I never had a problem. Why not just install a scupper and save your battery for your ignition?

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I don't trust scuppers. I'm already set on dual pumps, I basically wanted insight on the pumps people are using. I don't be running the 1100-1200 all the time. Mostly when I'm either doing deep subs or in Lake Michigan surf.

High Speed Industries

Your one stop shop for quality parts @highspeedind
I'm running dual 500s and they seem to do just fine on my rn. I've never had an water ingestion issue. They are hooked up to a handlebar switch and I just turn them on as needed.
I'm not sure if I would go the knock off route. A few years ago I got some knock off 500 gph bilge pumps. Both pumps lasted about 5 rides before they seized up. I was pretty bummed about the lifespan of those pumps. Now all I run are rule pumps. For as important as bilge pumps can be I wouldn't cut corners. The pumps really aren't that expensive anyway. You can get many name brand pumps form you local Walmart or port supply/west marine.
Just my .02 based on my experiences.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
All of the reviews I have read on the new Rules is that they are junk now. Johnson's look pretty heavy duty with good reviews but cost more.

mattyboy89

The countdown is on
i suppose you get what you pay for. my 500 has emptied my sn a few times with the water so high i couldnt start it and it would barely float after some really deep subs. i haven't had a problem with it. i would recommend the tidy bilge kit from @OCD Solutions its definitely worth the cash and itll make changing out the pumps a breeze if/when it comes to that

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I already have one of his switches and some bullet connectors to make it sano. I don't just have 50$ to burn on a kit that makes it clean.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
All of the reviews I have read on the new Rules is that they are junk now. Johnson's look pretty heavy duty with good reviews but cost more.

I was going to say, Rule isn't what it used to be. Still the top choice though.

Last edited:

mattyboy89

The countdown is on
i feel that once you do the hood mod youd be more than happy with dual 500. by the time you pull your eyelids back over from a deep sub and are ready to ride again those would have it cleaned out pretty well. but essentially its your choice. overkill isnt always a bad thing though

Top Bottom