Super Jet Bilge ?

I picked up a round nose recently that had a bilge installed. I went to the lake for the first time for about an hr. I didn't do any subs or any other tricks. I did some tight turns that dove the nose down a little. I'm new to the scene, so my question is, when I got to the beach I kicked the bilge on and it dumped water for probably a good 10 sec count. Does this seem excessive? I did hang off the back in and out of the marina for about 10 mins in a no wake zone, kinda long. It could of pulled some water doing that. I just wanna make sure I don't have a leak or something. Thx!

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Good question.... I'm not sure.. I'll have to look, I'm not sure what I'm looking for though:dunno:

It'll be this little square plastic 'box' clipped to the floor of your hull under the motor. There will be a black rubber hose that runs out of it, through your bulkhead and into your pump.

i dunno that seems a little much to me....how does your hood seal look? i made the mistake of thinking my ski was gonna fill with water and ended up rebuilding the bottom end...all because of a bad hood seal

btmboards

Brett
i dunno that seems a little much to me....how does your hood seal look? i made the mistake of thinking my ski was gonna fill with water and ended up rebuilding the bottom end...all because of a bad hood seal

rebuild the bottom end because you engine got wet??? As long as you dont ingest a bunch of water you wont have a problem
You are fine. i pump 10 seconds of water out if I shut mine of for just a couple minutes and Im running a rule 250gph & 500gph. Obviously you riding style is going to affect this allot. while riding in a straight line to get to where I ride there wont be a drop getting in the hull, so nothing will come out. the harder you ride and the more you nose dips under the more water you are going to have in the hull.
I flip my bilges on as I leave the dock and unless I stop to float, chat and take a brake they stay on untill I get back to the dock.

btmboards

Brett
Back to Post #1 you would have got the water in when ever you nose dipped down under the water. hanging off the back going in and out of the marina wont do anything.
The only places water will really get into your hull (other than in the motor/ pipe where it should be) is your hood seal and you air inlets/ baffling on you hood.

no i rebuilt th bottom end because i sucked a bunch of water in the stock air box due to a bad seal allowing excess water in. just my experience and just something he could look at as preventativ maintenance....since then i have definitely learned my leason and leave my pump on from start to end as suggested by all of the other members

Back to Post #1 you would have got the water in when ever you nose dipped down under the water. hanging off the back going in and out of the marina wont do anything.
The only places water will really get into your hull (other than in the motor/ pipe where it should be) is your hood seal and you air inlets/ baffling on you hood.
Does my hood look sealed?
IMG_0305.jpgIMG_0306.jpg
I bought it setup this way. Also I went out to the lake yesterday. Launched from the beach, no marina this time. Left the bilge on for the most part. Hardly any water pumped out by the bilge. I think its ok... Thanks!!

btmboards

Brett
dont know what those two big patches are there for but ya, hood looks good. better than mine. the two white open cylinders sticking out are where your air (and water when you under) come in. usually there are two hoses that come off those. your hood seal will play a role in letting water in or keeping it out too.

sounds good though, sounds like you got a solid setup.

dont know what those two big patches are there for but ya, hood looks good. better than mine. the two white open cylinders sticking out are where your air (and water when you under) come in. usually there are two hoses that come off those. your hood seal will play a role in letting water in or keeping it out too.

sounds good though, sounds like you got a solid setup.

Pretty decent for my first round nose. Can't ride worth a damn, but I'm learning:bananajump:
IMG_0275.jpg
IMG_0280.jpg
We'll see how it work's out!! Thanks for all the feed back!!

Last edited:
It'll be this little square plastic 'box' clipped to the floor of your hull under the motor. There will be a black rubber hose that runs out of it, through your bulkhead and into your pump.

Does it run down the center of the hull? Follow the driveline out? I've having a hard time seeing one. I see my rule bilge with the alum bracket.. Maybe I'll look again.. Thanks..

Ill take a picture of it and post it on here for you. It's a little white box, under/around the couplers. If your in the tray, it would be on the left hand side of the couplers. Unless you have trim, there would be no need for anyone to take it out... Some guys use that hole to run their trim cables...

Just leave your bilge on the whole time ridding. They are meant to run both wet and dry. With that being said, just leave it on. There is a lot more damage that can be done by not have it on then worrying about burning up a $25 bilge...

Ill take a picture of it and post it on here for you. It's a little white box, under/around the couplers. If your in the tray, it would be on the left hand side of the couplers. Unless you have trim, there would be no need for anyone to take it out... Some guys use that hole to run their trim cables...

Just leave your bilge on the whole time ridding. They are meant to run both wet and dry. With that being said, just leave it on. There is a lot more damage that can be done by not have it on then worrying about burning up a $25 bilge...

I found the bilge, now I'm trying to figure out how to connect it,
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/113081-stock-bilge
Thanks for your input!!

Top Bottom