Black skis

im lookin to paint my 440 all black then add some graphics or decals. but want to know how hot does your ski get from the sun? if you could would you paint it another color or add another color to the black?

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
My ski was black when I got it. I had to repaint it thanks to Yamahas garbage paint process. I stuck with black. You can dress black up with any color vinyl and it'll look great, or leave it all black, and it still looks great.

As far as heat goes, the water pretty much takes care of that.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I used to have my ski black. It looked awesome but beware of one detail...When (not if) you scratch the paint on the bottom, it will look like complete @ss. Then every jump you take will reveal the horrible bottom paint job that you have.

wayne

wannaroll
i painted mine all black. there are pics of in the my ski section. i love it, makes it look really good. just remember that when it drys the water spots show up bad. that doesn't bother me because that just means you have been riding.

black is a sweet looking color, it'll show scratches very quick and you will have to wet sand it after painting. it will show any bit of orange peel.

Swooperjet

Bring the brap!!
I used to have my ski black. It looked awesome but beware of one detail...When (not if) you scratch the paint on the bottom, it will look like complete @ss. Then every jump you take will reveal the horrible bottom paint job that you have.
Whaaa.....the bottom of my ski is scratched up.:pokey:J/K
Doesn't that just show that your ski is actually being used?
I'm about as anal as you can get when it comes to my stuff looking good, but come on now. It's the bottom of the ski. It's bound to get scratched up. Unless you plan on entering it in some kind of gee, look how pretty my ski is competition, who cares.
Busted glass, blown motor.....big deal.
Scratched bottom.....not so big.

Go black dude. Looks great!

Top Bottom