Blaster B pipe review

Hi everyone! I just recently purchased a Factory limited pipe for my Blaster. I am waiting for it to arrive and have been trying to find ride reviews of this pipe or how it performs. I seem to only be able to find people saying it is the best all around pipe. But why do people say these things? What makes it so popular? I can never find a straight review of this pipe. Reviews of other pipes seem to compare to the Factory B.

How will the Factory B compare to my Wetjet pipe? Will it be a noticeable difference in performance? I'm curious to hear what people who have ridden with different pipes think and their feedback.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Not familiar with the wet jet pipe.

Butthey compare the b1 pipe with the sj pipe because its the same pipe. The manifolds are the same (except i think b1 manifolds had a lord mount). The head pipes are the same. They simply change the chambers to fit in the hulls because of the hull size / fuel tanks. The b1 mod pipe is different because it is a center bleed. Otherwise same motor gets the same math.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I've only owned the factory pipe. My buddy had a riva red but that was so early into my ski experiences that I don't think I can make a fair comparison.

All of the pipes are the same between models for all intent and purpose. A riva red for a Superjet is almost identical to a riva red on a b1. Same motor, same math. There are slight changes due to hull design but otherwise they are the same pipes. Look at the pictures of a riva for a b1 and a sj and you will see that other than the outlet angle, they are basically identical.

If you are having problems finding comparisons or information for blaster pipes, just look up Superjet pipes. Lots of information out there.

Really, you already bought the b1 fpp, so if you are looking for reassurance on your purchase, refer to what BK just said. That plus it being a wet pipe with a thin chamber, it is lighter than many of the other heavier cast or double jacketed pipes that might offer slightly more top end.

The thing I notice about the Riva Red Pipe is it isn't user friendly at the races. Example: if you have to remove your head, the pipe has to come off before the head can be removed. Also it's a lot harder to install a Riva pipe. I use to slide to motor forward to install the pipe. I finally got so fed up that I ditched the Rivas for Factory Bs on both of my blasters and super jet.

Wow, I normally do not say much, I normally lurk around, but here is what I know from 15+ years ago till now. B1s are all I messed with over that time, and spent a little time with Riva.

-I had a 93 that I built and ran a FP limited in. Great if you tune the pipe correctly. Good bottom end and mid range, overall improvement over stock 100%, but all pipes will be that way. Biggest problem, chamber cracks (rode a lot of surf), head pipe can clog, once again surf. Couplers, always have an extra.

-Same ski but now with a FP dry pipe with ECWI. Yup, got one before they even out, 14+ years ago. Biggest pain in my arse every. Great top end, but not as good bottom and mid as the Limited. Problems, once again chamber cracks, crappy mounting set up, clogs, and couplers.

-95 B1, Rive Dry pipe. Good overall pipe after modding to fit the B1. Problems were minimal, just didn't care for the mounting.

Now a days. Running a carbon B1. This time I went with a Riva Red pipe. Now mind you, I do have 2 sets of the actual Rive Red pipe mounts, both parts. I have also changed out the bolts for studs too. Not a single problem that I have read about. Hits like a mule, and still pretty good on top end. I have always been a Red pipe hater, but after seeing what one could really do in my builders carbon B1, I was sold. Plus he had already found a way around the mounting and leak issues.

Overall from my experiences over a bunch of different set ups, and pipes. FP is way lighter, but I always had cracks in the chamber. FP is easier to work on, and always easier to pull the pipe then the motor, than to pull the motor and pipe together. Also being 30 minutes out of Daytona, I spent most of my time surf riding. On flat water, I probably would have never had lord mount, and coupler problem on the FPs. When I built this ski, I looked for a FP, but the prices now a days verses what I could buy them new when they were still available blew my mind, and after numerous talks with my motor builder, Red pipe it was. Seat time and running different pipes is the only way YOU will be able to know, but read back on older post, there is a lot of info here. Hope this helps a little, and doesn't confuse. Best of luck.

Remember, I still have a Riva Red pipe mount I am not using. Just throwing it out there guys.

These are the ride experiences I'm looking for. Thanks! Let's keep this going. I like to hear other rider's preferences and why. This is the only way to find true rider experiences with thier different setups.

I ride small lake and don't have to much surf beside going off boat wakes. I mostly carve around the toolies or chase bouys.

Thanks everyone for the responses so far!

I'm in the same boat, mostly a lake rider and a wake jumper I just picked up a 96 with a riva red , riva head and msd. I'm looking for more power already . I'm thinking of doing porting and changing to a factory pipe. What other mods while keeping it reliable should I consider

Attachments

• IMG_0387.JPG
    IMG_0387.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 30
I'm in the same boat, mostly a lake rider and a wake jumper I just picked up a 96 with a riva red , riva head and msd. I'm looking for more power already . I'm thinking of doing porting and changing to a factory pipe. What other mods while keeping it reliable should I consider
To keep it reliable, a lighten flywheel and a Solas 12 vane pump.

Hi everyone! I just recently purchased a Factory limited pipe for my Blaster. I am waiting for it to arrive and have been trying to find ride reviews of this pipe or how it performs. I seem to only be able to find people saying it is the best all around pipe. But why do people say these things? What makes it so popular? I can never find a straight review of this pipe. Reviews of other pipes seem to compare to the Factory B.

How will the Factory B compare to my Wetjet pipe? Will it be a noticeable difference in performance? I'm curious to hear what people who have ridden with different pipes think and their feedback.

98yota, have you installed the Factory B pipe? Where did you buy it from?

I'm new to this forum and PWCs in general. I picked up a 94' B1 about 2 weeks ago, so I'm trying to learn as much as possible, and search for everything I can on this forum...but I still have some questions. Maybe someone can chime in and help clarify, I'd REALLY appreciate any help.

https://www.blowsion.com/factory-pipe-yamaha-superjet-b-pipe

Is this the pipe you purchased? Are all the factory B pipes "Mod" now because they don't make the unit for blaster anymore? Also, when you purchased your pipe from, did it come with jets, etc?

Thanks again for any help.

I have not installed the pipe yet. The weather got cold and unfortunately lack of time put the Blaster project on standby for now. I bought the pipe off of the classified section on here. My pipe is a limited pipe from Factory. It is in really good shape and was lucky to get it for a good price. I'll update my project thread once I get some time for the Blaster.

I've bought most of the parts that are on my ski from here. There are a ton of helpful people on here. If you post that you need a pipe on the wanted section, I'm sure you will get a ton of replies with good deals. This is a great spot!

Top Bottom