Blaster Blaster flush?

New to ski's and Blasters and I know some JS have a flush kit attached but how do you flush a Blaster w/o a flush kit? On the SJ we just hook it up to the pisser and reverse it but the blaster does not have a pisser out the side...

Thanks, Rob

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Easy way, Crank the ski out of the water, wrap your hand around the end of a hose, stick it up to the thru hull pisser that would normally be spitting water, press against the fitting and hold there for a few minutes. You can build a cheap flush kit from parts avalilable at lowes.

I'm not seeing any pisser on either side of the ski underneath the bond rail. I was thinking it exited on the left side of the cone/pump. Below is where I thought the water was coming out...is that right or not. Looking at the inside, there is no hose exiting (that I can see) thru the hull for a pisser like on the old waverunner we had or the superjet we have now. Thanks for the posts and help on this :veryhappy:

1016080_10151984555992678_1223283271_n.jpg

Last edited:
The stock pipe has a fitting closer to the rear cyl. It is a flat head bolt that unscrews to replace with the correct fitting for your hose attachment. All you need is a fitting, hose and a hose attachment for your garden hose. Or do what BK said.

Also if no pisser, where is the water exiting?

Somewhere.. blow some air through a line. Pinch the line going to the pump and listen to where it exits? Is the bilge line from the pump going to the bilge on the left side if the driveshaft??

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
Thanks Chris but can you tell me what that means?

Also if no pisser, where is the water exiting?

it's the factory installed bilge that is operated by suction created by the pump exit. if you look on the left hand side of your midshaft you should see a white soap box looking thing with a tube going to it.

Post a pic of your motor/engine bay......there has to be a tube dumping overboard somewhere.

Thanks again for the info...Im not seeing the flat head bolt but I do see the little box thing you are talking about Chris. It has a hose running out of it and connecting to a 90 and then going thru the hull toward the seat area...below are some pics. I've also included some of what I think are hull cracks, can you give me your opinion on the seriousness of these....one on the side behind the gas hoses and the other on the bottom near the steering cable. The bottom one does seem to have a gel coat crack on the outside of the hull.

B1.jpgB2.jpgB12.jpgB5.jpgB6.jpgB7.jpgB8.jpgB9.jpgB10.jpgB11.jpg

On pic 5 where the styrofoam is split should be your pisser. If I remember correctly they snaked the water line behind the styrofoam

Thanks Teddy..it sure looks like thats where it should be, but there is nothing coming thru the hull....I had a 88 WR500 many years ago and I remember putting a water by-pass kit on it and put a pisser in that location.

modularjunk

day dreaming
Site Supporter
my 95 blaster did not have a pisser it went out the pump there was no pisser on the ski. if you wanna flush it just tap into the water line coming off the head and flush it by adding a flush kit

Top Bottom