Blaster FP chamber in SJ...PLS HELP!

ALright I have an opportunity to purchase a FP B pipe but it has a blaster chamber that has been modified to fit into a SJ. Was wondering if the blaster mod chamber will be better than a regular SJ limited chamber, and if so how much of a difference is there? Also how well does it fit in hull??

Posted a couple pics the guy sent me...

Exactly what chamber is this and what should I expect out of it compared to my limited chamber??

Attachments

• pipe3.jpg
    pipe3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 102
  • pipe4.jpg
    pipe4.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
he's right, that's the blaster limited chaimber. I doubt it will fit in a SJ hull. The blaster pipe that people put in the SJ is the mod chaimber and it doesn't fit well either. Let me know if you pass on the deal. I'm interested.

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I ran that chamber for a while and it worked pretty well. The only problem is that it won't clear an oem gas tank because of the bend in the stinger. I ran an XFT gas tank (go kart tank) and was able to fit around it. I think that the only way for that to fit in around an oem gas tank is to actually cut the front stinger and re-welded to clear the tank. Except for that , it will fit and perform well.

wildman326

Who else?
When I looked at the pics they look like the previous owner may have overcame both issues. The pipe is smashed where it looks like it might clear a OEM tank, and the stinger is a brass elbow.

That elbow would make me a bit nervous, but that doesn't mean it won't work.

Is it a "good" deal? If not and it works, great. If you get tired of that chamber 'cuz it's ugly or it doesn't fit right you might have trouble selling it for enough to get what you need.

yeah the guy said he had this in a roundnose superjet, so I am assuming it has been modified to fit.

He wants $350 cnd for entire setup (manifold, headpipe, and chamber) seems like a pretty good deal to me.

wildman326

Who else?
Don't know how much $350 cnd is, but if it's a good deal in your opinion that's what matters.

Would this person allow you to buy it on the stipulation that it work/fit?

wildman326 said:
Don't know how much $350 cnd is, but if it's a good deal in your opinion that's what matters.

Would this person allow you to buy it on the stipulation that it work/fit?

$350 cnd is approx. $300 US...highly doubt he would be willing to make that deal.

Anyone appen to have a pic of this chmaber mounted in a SJ??

If i get this would anyoen be interested in trading this chamber for a limited Sj chamber??

Last edited:

IKSTEJ

BOGIE
Hopefully theres pics attached.
I think this is a mod chamber and it fit perfect

Attachments

• Chamber1.jpg
    Chamber1.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Chamber.jpg
    Chamber.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 76

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
That might be an old blaster mod chamber. I can't tell them apart, but the limited chambers have a Lord mount mount bracket on them (it could be broken off on this one). The mods didn't. Either way...

I looks like it will fit because they smashed it to fit around the gas tank. I wonder if Factory Pipe would warranty that chamber?

keefer

T1
IKSTEJ said:
Hopefully theres pics attached.
I think this is a mod chamber and it fit perfect

Are you using lord mounts? I could not tell from the pictures. I was told that if you hard mount it, things will break. I made up some custom SS brackets and used 2 lord mounts. This way I was able to not rotate the pipe all the way down. This kept me from having to dent the pipe so much to clear the tank. It seems to give a real good low end punch with good mid and top if you get the water screws adjusted right. I like this chamber because it is stainless and should reflect a better standing wave compared to the aluminum chambers. Poor mans TNT.

IKSTEJ

BOGIE
Yea its got a make shift lord mount right know, thats getting replaced.
And its still in its original shape. It fit right in. Actually very easy to put in.

Your right it helped pretty much everywhere.

Rockstar

Dicksmacker
It was tough for me to get that blaster mod in my SJ. I dont see how it would fit right in without previous fabricating.

keefer

T1
I had to dent the chamber quite a bit to clear the tank and also had to dent the seam right past the head pipeto clear the hull. I made up a bracket to extend the one that connects to the flywheel cover bolts. This allowed me to not rotate the chamber down so far, this helped alot with tank clearance. I wanted to run two lord mounts so I also fabricated a top bracket that bolts to the head. It is rock solid now and does not hit anything. All seems ok so far and nothing rubs. Good luck.

Rockstar

Dicksmacker
I just took a big hammer to mine and dented it in random places until it eventually fit right in. I dont have any lord mounts and it runs strong!

I'd also like to add, I have quite a few holes in my hull in various places including the bottom of the hull. 5 in all. No bilge. And a 2 way scupper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom