Blaster freestyle seat build

SASQUATCH113

Gimme Time....
I plan on buying another seat soon, so I am definitely gonna give this a whirl. Thanks for all the pics and steps. I hope mine turns out just as good as yours...doubtful though.

Awesome work and write up LBE:headbang:

I recently got another seat to experiment with and my bud sent me a link to this thread. The look is exactly what I wanted, you did the hard work for me-figuring it out! Thanks!

kraqus

Site Supporter
Dude You rock with this Mod!
I side mount my blaster 70% of the time, when I get tired I board it from behind and I hate that bump that hits you in the face every time you try that.
However, with the seat that low then I can see it a breeze to side mount it.
Very original and looks good too....
This is a MUST for surf riding....absolutely!
I can have 2 seats now.....Yeah!

Benny

SASQUATCH113

Gimme Time....
I precut my extra seat I just got. I will be cutting some starboard I have lying around today and getting some bolts to secure it down. Then I will mass order turf for my blaster as well as this seat.

Dozen cookies for LBE

str8pinned

SHAKE & BAKE
hey what the hell is the trick to getting the molded diamond turf to form around corners? im tryin to do the chin pad on my 650sx and its not workin out to well.

SoCal_WaveBlaster

back from the dead
i dont understand this thread...the seat is short enough as it is...
a handle i understand, but cutting it down makes no sense to me at all

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
i dont understand this thread...the seat is short enough as it is...
a handle i understand, but cutting it down makes no sense to me at all

#1. no one sits on a Blaster seat.

A shorter seat makes the ski easier to board, as well as gives you more space to move your feet when surf ridding.
Cutting it down helps with can-cans. I would say it better for learning can-cans beacuse it is not as easy to get hung up on the seat when your legs are coming across. (See pic) Also gives you a little more room for indian airs.

Escondido....Come out to Oceanside and you can try the seat out for a day. Maybe it's not for everyone, but I would never go back.

Attachments

• IF1X2734.jpg
    IF1X2734.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 216

SoCal_WaveBlaster

back from the dead
#1. no one sits on a Blaster seat.

A shorter seat makes the ski easier to board, as well as gives you more space to move your feet when surf ridding.
Cutting it down helps with can-cans. I would say it better for learning can-cans beacuse it is not as easy to get hung up on the seat when your legs are coming across. (See pic) Also gives you a little more room for indian airs.

Escondido....Come out to Oceanside and you can try the seat out for a day. Maybe it's not for everyone, but I would never go back.

maybe its not in my may cause im tall. but it does make sense now...
and im down to ride fridays and saturdays, i just never go out now cause i dont want to take the chance of no one being there since my friends ski broke and he's too lazy to fix it :)

i modded it a little.

i wanted the back of the seat gone. this is what i came up with.
it's all turfed and will get one more layer on the hood .i used a plastic board called color core and a stainless hinge.i retained the stock latch.
this turf that i'm using is super soft.

i had a couple of x-2's and i like boarding them on my chest.

Attachments

• grad school 94 lol.jpg
    grad school 94 lol.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 212
  • x2 killer!.jpg
    x2 killer!.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 247
Top Bottom