Blaster - help with details...

Back last fall I traded some work and ended up with a 93 blaster as part of the deal.

I don't know much about the specific mods to the ski as shortly after I picked it up the guy died unexpectedly. Sad deal. I was curious if you guys could help me out with info on what I have and any recommendations.

Here's what I do know... The ski was last rode in 2001. At some point in time he raced it over in Guam while he lived there. He told me it ran fine when parked.

The wear ring on the pump has shrank from corrosion so the impeller won't spin. I will replace that. Trying to decide to go back oem, sbt plastic or solas stainless...? I don't ride salt water.

It has a solas prop. Not sure of the pitch.
Riva ride plate
Jet dynamics scoop grate.

Motor is 61x, single mikuni carb. The carb has an circular adaptor on top. No choke or primer. No flame arrestor. I pulled the carb apart and will rebuild. It has a 2.3 needle/seat, 140 high jet, 120 low jet, silver spring. High speed jet was about 3 3/8 turns out, low speed jet just over 1/2 turn out.

Carbon reeds. I will replace. Open to suggestions on reeds. Also has some black inserts in the reed cages on the carb side of intake. Not familiar with these?

West coast head with domes that say YEP 7027.

Riva exhaust. Triton aluminum water box.

I have not opened electric box to see if there are any non-stock components inside.

Any input you guys can give on this set up is much appreciated. Thanks!

Top Bottom