blaster info ..what is this ski

Ok I dont knw much about yamaha and nothing about a blaster .. can someone tell me what this ski is ,, I have a guy interesyed in trading for my 750 '99 sxi pro would that be a decenttrade ??
anyone have any input ?

Attachments

• Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 44
Depending on the mods and condition Blasters generally range between $1200 to $2400. From what I can see in the pictures this blaster would probably be worth about $1500.

I think his blaster is a 92 , is that a blaster 1 ? also this has a 701 engine and he says it is at 180 comp both sides .. also has a pro tech pipe i think he said it was .. is that a good pipe fpr the blaster ,, and in pic one it looks like there is a bolt missing on th etop of the pipe maybe ? .. you may be comparing prices in the US , i am in canada ,,, either way i am trying to compare that blaster in vaue to my 99 sxi pro whichis a basically stock ski ..

aqua

the taco
i have a b1 just like that and it is a blast to ride. i think 93 was the first year for them. but i would think that your sxi pro is prolly worth a little more so i would trade and then ask for a few hundred in cash. go to www.nadaguides.com to give you an estimate of how you should do your trading....ofcourse take into consideration aftermarket stuff that has been done.

W

wydopen

yes it is decent, but without the proper head to mount the pipe to, your gonna have problems down the road. Things might crack, putting a lot pressure on the cylinder.

yup...been there done that

Jumper

What! What!
yes it is decent, but without the proper head to mount the pipe to, your gonna have problems down the road. Things might crack, putting a lot pressure on the cylinder.

I agree. Guys that I have known running that pipe have had problems with the pipe vibrating loose and leaking. I don't know if Pro Tec makes an adapter to mount that pipe to an aftermarket head. It looks like that is a girdled head, but the studs into the cases are not attached. If you got the studs and attached those it would help mitigate any potential cylinder cracking problems, but if the pipe loosens and leaks you will not be able to get it to run right.

Also noticed that the water bypass out of the head (that clear line) doesn't appear to connect to a normal through hull fitting. It looks like it runs up into the top of the hood somewhere. Strange

Last edited:
yea .. the clear water lines runnng up go up to spray hot water on the bars for cold weather .. I am getting some red flags on this deal .. Plus the guy in Mich has a clean blaster for sale I may look at . then IF I decide I might sell the sxi pro .. but right now I have one more day to work then off to the cottage for a week .. sxi and my 650 conversion ski is sittn on the dock ramp up ther already waiting for me :)

blaster4life

couchez r 4 living rooms
that pipe is a a pain in the a$$ i finally took mine to a guy and had him weild it togeather...never had a problem after that....but i love my factory pipe much more

Don't do it ang...if you do an even trade you would be on the loosing end. You should able to get about 3500+ out of your ski up here in the autotrader no problem. That ski I can see bringing in no more than 2500 tops up here. If you are serious about getting a blaster, sell your ski and buy the one FWI has for sale in michigan, than you can spend the rest of the cash on mods. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom