Other Blaster on ski carrier??

Anyone use the hitch carriers for their blaster? I have one for my RN that's way over built so it would be able to hold the ski. I was thinking of pickin up a blaster. So I was figuring put the superjet in the bed of the pickup and blaster on the carrier and eliminating a trailer all together. What do blasters weigh anyway? Maybe their heavier then I think....

Specifications

* Rated power 63 hp (47 kW) @ 6,300 rpm
* Net Weight: 320 lb. (145 kg)
* Length: 8 ft (2400 mm)
* Beam: 2 ft 11 in (889 mm)
* Engine Type 2-Cylinder, 2-Stroke
* Bore/Stroke 81 mm x 68 mm
* Displacement 701 cc
* Fuel Regular Unleaded
* Type of Intake Reed Valve
* Type of Scavenging Loop-Charged
* Type of Exhaust Wet
* Mixing Ratio 50:1 (with oil injection pump)
* Cooling Water
* Starting Electric
* Ignition CDI
* Compression Ratio 7.2:1
* Carburetor/Injection (1) Mikuni Super BN 44 (1993–1995), (2) Mikuni Super BN 38 (1996)
* Spark Advance 6°
* Ignition Timing 115° BTDC – 121° BTDC
* Spark Plug BR8HS/B8HS
* Pump 144 mm Axial Flow Single Stage
* Transmission Direct Drive From Engine
* Impeller 3-Blade, Stainless Steel (14/18 pitch)
* Vehicle Capacity 1 person
* Hull Material SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)

[edit] History
[edit] Timeline

1993 through 1994 The craft remained unchanged with the 61X cases and blue/purple color paint commonly referred to as "blurple".

1995 Yamaha changed the color to red.

1996 Yamaha added (2) 38 mm Mikuni carburetors and 62T cases to the WaveBlaster, resulting in slightly more power, from 63 to 73 hp. This model was discontinued in 1996.

1997 through 1998 Yamaha changed the color scheme to blue and white and renamed the machine to Waveblaster Limited ( not available in USA)
[edit] Summary

This ski came from the factory as a stripped down no-frills machine, it does not have a tachometer, speedometer, GPS, rear view mirrors, cup holder, ice box, luggage compartment or a reverse mechanism that are typical of larger multi-person skis.

The WaveBlaster has been described by many as "the closest thing to riding a motorcycle on sand".

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
The width might be an issue. Blasters are considerably wider and you might not have the room between the inner bunk and the truck. You could do just the opposite though and put the blaster in the bed and the sj on the hitch mount.

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
there are some older pics on here with a blaster on a hitch... you should be fine as long as it clears the bumper.

Yea I thought about the bunks not being wide enough. As for distance between the back of the truck and the ski I'll be fine cause it sticks out a good amount. I kno i could always do the opposite but it would just be easier to lift the superjet out of the truck instead of the blaster. Thanks for the input

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Thanks. 320 lbs should work fine on a carrier. Anyone else do this?

FINE?! Are you serious? What's your hitch tongue weight rated at??? Class III is 500Lbs MAX tongue weight (roughly 8" from reciever opening), so add up the B1, hitch carrier, fuel, battery, THEN factor in that it's all much farther beyond the point it should be in relation to the hitch. I'm guessing you really have around 450Lbs out there creating leverage closer to a trailer with 800Lbs on the tongue.

That's asking a LOT of your reciever and truck frame.

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
Those hitch carriers make me nervous in general, but a blaster is only 30 lbs more than a sj and 20 more than a sxr. Add in wet foam (which you can't get on a blaster) and it is pretty much a wash.

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
I personally don't trust the whole hitch carrier concept. In my opinion, it's just too much weight to put on your truck's receiver. They are meant to pull, not support.

I personally don't trust the whole hitch carrier concept. In my opinion, it's just too much weight to put on your truck's receiver. They are meant to pull, not support.

x2, someone rearends you because your ski blocks your brake lights and your ski is smashed into a pancake, that or it falls off on the highway into bacon bits...I would only get one if I had a really short driving distance, but everywhere around here is atleast 30-40 miles, so it stays in the truck bed safe and sound!

Last edited:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
I use a hitch hauler every time I ride for the last 2+ years. No worries here.

If a class III hitch is rated for 500lbs tongue weight AND 5000lbs gross trailer weight, my 300lb jetski will be just fine.
My lights are plenty visible (license plate not so much).

It would only be short driving distance, I live like 5 miles from the river. Either way it should work. But the superjet would be better on the carrier,no doubt about that. I didnt intend for this to become a controversial tread lol

Just used my hitch hauled to take my blaster on a 6 hour to and 6 hour from ride. I mounted a light kit on it to save issues with the ski blocking the vehicle lights. I put a sway shackle on it to keep it steady.

It is a lot of weight on the hitch and you will know it is back there. We drove nice and gentle and did not have any issues. My blaster is a little shorter than stock but I did haul a stocker on this setup also. It was easier to launch than I thought. I was able to put it in and take it out by myself.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
I use a hitch hauler every time I ride for the last 2+ years. No worries here.

If a class III hitch is rated for 500lbs tongue weight AND 5000lbs gross trailer weight, my 300lb jetski will be just fine.
My lights are plenty visible (license plate not so much).

x2, i love my hitch hauler. i wish i could use it on my subaru

Top Bottom