Blaster Blaster seat mod

mattyboy89

The countdown is on
i like the look of the jettrim seat mod but $180 plus shipping to canada is quite a lot (shipping is ridiculous)
has anyone done this seat mod by themselves then jut order the seat cover?
or is there anywhere in british columbia canada that will do this?

i did seat mod myself ( shaving ) and ordered from Hydroturf, if you have never put a cover on the seat its a challenge and money might be spent better buying a used seat here in the states and have it shipped to jettrim or find a local awning and upolstery shop and heva them do it

Hey mate, yea ive only recently done up my complete blaster from the ground up and got a cover from hyrdoturf in the states freighted to New Zealand. I just used a local marine and automotive fabric guy in town to staple it onto the seat once i had shaved the rear lump down flat (with the rest of the seat) ..... as long as the shaving is this way then the cover will fit. You will need marine expanding foam to fill the sides of the seat out once you remove the old cover and plastic attachments if its on the blaster 1 and shave that back as well so its flush with the rest of seat. Hope this helps

I did the same I got a cover from hydroturf and shaved the foam myself and took it to an upholstery shop and had them put the cover on. I am running the carbon fiber material on mine and I love it. Hydroturf is only about 15 minutes from me so I went to there shop to talk to them and they advised me that if I do go with the no slip material it will rub your legs raw if not wearing a wetsuit. I would go with the regular material or the carbon fiber.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

mattyboy89

The countdown is on
Your blaster is sick, did you paint it yourself too?
I think ill end up ordering the cover then shaving it down to fit.

I did the same I got a cover from hydroturf and shaved the foam myself and took it to an upholstery shop and had them put the cover on. I am running the carbon fiber material on mine and I love it. Hydroturf is only about 15 minutes from me so I went to there shop to talk to them and they advised me that if I do go with the no slip material it will rub your legs raw if not wearing a wetsuit. I would go with the regular material or the carbon fiber.

Mattboy not sure if you were talking about my ski but I only painted the hood because the paint was coming off from when I removed the old Registration numbers. I did put the graphic kit on it as well

Last edited:

mattyboy89

The countdown is on
offroadenemy did you buy a hydroturf kit that covered the entire back and side rails or did you just use a sheet of it cut to size? i like the look of it and plan on doing my whole deck this winter

The seat is all carbon fiber material, I just cut the hump off and shaved it smooth to go with the contour of the seat. The rails I cut out from a sheet of turf and put on with contact cement. The foot wells and back deck I bought as a kit from hydro turf with the 3m already on it. When you order from Hydro turf if you tell them you are a forum member they will give you 15 percent off.

footholds.jpg1996 Waveblaster 1.jpg

Top Bottom