Blaster vs. Superjet

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
Not trying to start a war - my first ski was/is a Superjet and I love it.
I have been interested in trying out a Blaster, especially since they can be had fairly cheap and have lots of interchangable parts with the SJ.
For those who have had both, or prefer a Blaster over an SJ, what do you like about the Blaster?

brentR

way fast whitey
b1 carves like a knife
rockets off waves too
b1 = sj with fixed steering and a midget inside (added weight)

Last edited:
I got a blaster for my wife last year. She loves it. It's all she rides in the surf. But on flat water, she's gotten bored of it, so after riding my superjet a couple of weekends ago, we bought her a superjet.

Depends on what your riding. Flatwater, superjet all the way. Surf, both are fun for different reasons. :)

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
i have a B1 and SJ, i love both of them, the SJ a little more though. the blaster has its good points, even though it is a sit down its still more of a challege to ride than a big couch. it carves great, but its boring after a while especially stock! both my girl and i have SJ's and we agree its nice to have the B1 around when we get a little tired from the SJ's. we ride flat water, but i would like to try the surf someday. if you can, try it before you buy it! and if you buy one, at least get a pipe!

i have both. the blaster is a really fun ski, and im someone that hates riding couches. the sj is still my favorite though.

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
One of each is the way to go IMO.
The Blaster in the surf is a lot of fun.
Hard to compare, they are just different and fun in their own ways.

i have never been on my blaster in good waves (hell we never have good waves here) you get the point, you can hit waves at faster speeds making it a flying missle, when there are waves, man can you fly!! the blaster is also fun to carve with, and or take a break from the stand up. If i had to choose between both i would still choose the sj. :love:

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
Thanks all, exactly the kind of input I was looking for. Sounds like there may be a Blaster in my future as a second ski. (third if you count the kid's/wife's WRIII).
The 650/701 platform being the same on all of these is definitely a convenience too.

Blaster easier fun in the surf (if you are not good on a SJ's) once you learn how to climb on them .....I think SJ' s are more fun flatwater for tricks and for advanced tricks in the surf IMO....having both on a double trailer to ride would be awesome....both need a pipe and high compression at the least...will never get rid of my blaster...love it....

WaHoo_1

Surf Swimmer
B1 is great for rough surf conditions.... I seldom ride mine unless the conditions warrant.... a nice luxury I'm fortunate to have. I admit I get bored with the B1 otherwise, so it doesn't get ridden too often.

stuntbikemike

Time to ride
the B1 and SJ are on the same team....they can't be put against each other....now if the questions was SXR vs SJ or WB1 vs any other of its type...the answer would be SJ and WB1:nutkick:

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
i hav e both the blaster is a great ski, for the heavier riders its hard to get back on in surf, chop the seat like lbe did and you have a modern x2, we chopped seat and i hardly sit on ski

Top Bottom