Blowsion Beach Party 2006 Pics

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I just got back from the beach! :biggrin:
The guys from Blowsion sure know how to throw a party. :biggthumpup:

Phill & Myself & our wives went on a 4-day road trip to Tierra Del Mar at the Oregon Coast.
This was our first time in anything but flatwater, so we were reasonably excited. :cheer:
The drive there was uneventful. About 430 miles for me, 300 for Phill. (We drove in one car once I got to his house)
As soon as we got there we drove down to the beach and broke out the wetsuits. :biggthumpup:
FREAKIN' COLD!!! The air was 60ish, and the water 55.
Saltwater sucks! Burns my eyes it does! My ski ran for about 20 minutes before the damn bendix gave out. Yeah, the one I replaced the weekend before. :lightning: :rolleyes:

So I rode the backup 650.

That night, we went to a small restaurant and met up with a bunch of folks there. Had a great time! Fiberlay kept buying margaritas for us. :arms:
Me & Phill chatted with Randy Laine for a couple of hours. Guy's got some stories! :biggthumpup:
Oh yeah, we now have it on good authority: "3D's are GAY!"
Phill to Randy Laine: "So, when are you gonna take a 3D on them 70 footers on the Cortez Bank?"
Randy Laine, grinning: "3D's are gay!" :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Char (my wife) managed to drag Joe Kenney over to our table (interrupted his dinner!) and we shot the breeze with him for a bit. What a nice guy!

Same goes for Mark @ BLowsion. Supernice fella! That was a real awesome night at the bar.
Next day, the weather was nice (but windy). Surf was only 3-4 ft, but hella lot nicer than flatwater. :biggthumpup:
My ski ran for half a day, anyway. :rolleyes:

Some pictures in my gallery:
http://www.x-h2o.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=238

I will update with more pics and more stories.

Oh yeah....BIG THUMBS UP to Mark's BBQ ribs, tuna, and oysters!
Awesome stuff!

P

PancakePete

Dude. Those boats are INcredibly Awesome looking skis... :bigeyes: :hail: :Banane01: :cheer2:

Matt_E

Site Supporter
The pictures don't do it justice.

I apologize for my photos - I suck, and so does my camera. So, not many riding pictures, and more from the beach.

Phill

v Check out Little Matt_E
We had such a great time. Johnny sure can throw a party!!!! And thoes ribs were outstanding!

The surf sure was a lot of work! I had to stop all the time to catch my breath. All the guys from Blowsion are great? Talking with guys like Joe Kenny and Randy Lane was way cool. I couldnt believe Randy runs a mostly stock 760......just a pipe, milled head, and an impeller.

The guys from Fiberlay bought so many drinks! My glass stayed full all night!! They told us some cool stuff about resin and carbon fiber also!!

Matt did you get any pics of joe in the surf?

Phill

v Check out Little Matt_E
Oh yeah, we now have it on good authority: "3D's are GAY!"
Phill to Randy Laine: "So, when are you gonna take a 3D on them 70 footers on the Cortez Bank?"
Randy Laine, grinning: "3D's are gay!" :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

When he said that I almost fell off my chair:hail: :hail:

F

Freestyleriverrat

I love seeing how everyone's riding style is reflected in how their boat is set up :biggthumpup: Very cool

Matt_E

Site Supporter
We had such a great time. Johnny sure can throw a party!!!! And thoes ribs were outstanding!

The surf sure was a lot of work! I had to stop all the time to catch my breath. All the guys from Blowsion are great? Talking with guys like Joe Kenny and Randy Lane was way cool. I couldnt believe Randy runs a mostly stock 760......just a pipe, milled head, and an impeller.

The guys from Fiberlay bought so many drinks! My glass stayed full all night!! They told us some cool stuff about resin and carbon fiber also!!

Matt did you get any pics of joe in the surf?

I'll upload all of them as time permits.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
AH!!! Nice meeting you!

I had saltwater intrusion into my flywheel area, which screwed one of the triggers.
I tell you, stock sounds better and better.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Yup....I couldn't ride because my ski broke down, and you couldn't ride because you're an out-of-shape fatass.
That's okay...at least I could ride your ski. And break it!:arms:
I rode Phill's ski at the end of Saturday and promptly broke the ******** out of it.
It became unhooked, the motor slammed forward. It broke the battery box, the bed plate left a nice imprint on the battery, and the coupler disengaged.
When the motor came back, it destroyed the coupler on the midshaft.

Yay for swimming it back in through the breakers.:woot:

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Actually, even if you HAD wanted to ride your ski, you couldn't, because you were panting like a little girl.

Besides, I still had a backup ski.
It's nice to see that a stock 650 can be an adequate surf boat for an amateur like me.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Matt E, did you see my bud on the Blaster "Mike" ?

Top Bottom