Super Jet Blowsion Brap Strap

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Well I have went riding a few times with the new ratchet strap kit. I am not happy with it. It's a PITA to take the hood on and off. I kinda expected it, but with both straps running through the latch they usually get jammed up. I can deal with that.. But the hood has come loose on me a few times. Im nervous of tightening the hood too much! Today it had shifted where water could easily come in.

I mounted this strap "wilkey" style, but my ratchet sits inside the OEM hood latch on the hood. I had grinded it down so the ratchet has a "receptacle" it can sit in without scratching up my hood. Anybody else have this issue???

quyit being a sissy and tighten it down. I ratchet mine down as hard as I can to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.

Suncor stainless ratchet and strapworks strap material.

Canadian Tire on sale four straps $10 .. so that means ours cost $2.50 .. we have lots of spares .. matching straps for the trailer too LOL
ok we have to add a scrap of turf .. :) brapstrap.jpg

jetx actually built this hull and brap strap but I just bought two sets of the same straps 8 straps 20 bucks .. :)
so now how about limiting strap ideas ? we have teh hull braket where do we affix to pole etc ?

Last edited:
quyit being a sissy and tighten it down. I ratchet mine down as hard as I can to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.

Yup i ratchet mine down until i can't anymore and when it gets wet i recheck it again.

nah man i tighten the living :):):):) out of it. i moved the strap up a little more. i think it tightens the hood more evenly.. it still comes lose after a while. im just gonna give it a quick tighten while im riding..

Its all about the surf!
Just my opinion but I've never cared for the Brap Strap set up. I have always hated those bulky ratcheting fittings and they make removing your hood a 5 minute job. When I set up my ski, I thoroughly thought out my hood set up and decided to add a lip around the engine compartment, then just simply hold the hood on with a couple of 2 dollar rubber bungees, pulling in opposing directions. The hood can't shift back and forth or side to side and the bungees are tight enough to hold it in place and stretchy enough to account for any flex. The bungees hold the hood on so well, the hood latch pretty much did nothing so I eventually removed it. Now I don't even run a hood latch, it's not necessary. The best part though is it only takes about 2 seconds to install or remove the hood. Granted, since the lip around the engine compartment is the key, for someone to copy my set up after the fact would be a pain in the a$$, but I built the lip when I did my reinforcing so it wasn't that much more work.

Glassed in lip around the engine compartment
enginecompartmentlip.jpg

ENGCOMPHOODLIP2.jpg

ENGCOMPHOODLIP1.jpg

2 dollar rubber bungees, pulling in opposing directions.
DSC09784.jpg

Last edited:
Quick info on how you made the lip. I guess im really just curious what you used to build the glass off of. That is one serious hood lip.

Will

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I don't run one. Only a ratchet strap. Haven't had any issues yet. I used to pop my hood all the time with a limiting rope and a stock latch.

Top Bottom