SXR Blowsion DUAL COOLING Kit- SXR

JamesG

Site Supporter
Here's some stuff that I know:
-Dual cooling obviously keeps your boat cooler. That alone can offer more power depending on your setup.
-It's recommended that you use dual cooling if you have an aftermarket pipe or any other mods to the engine (i.e. boring)
-It's apparently simple, but I have never done it.
-You will have more pissers running off the side of your boat.
-Requires you to tap your stock pump for an extra cooling line. Magnum pumps have the extra hole already in them.
-You will have to use your stock bilge hole (the hole and tube that feeds to the back) to do it (because you need an extra hole in the hull that goes to the pump).

That's all that I can think of off the top of my head. Hope that helps.

Ross

You cannot do dual cooling with the stock pipe either.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

I don't see why not? The stock SXR setup already has two outlets on the head as well as two overboard pissers. One pisser on the side of the hull and one out the back in the pump area. All you would need to do is use the overboard in the pump area as your second water input, tap and install the dual fittings on the exhaust manifold, tap another input on the pump and add another pisser on the side of the hull.

However, a stock motor setup does not need dual cooling

Last edited:

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
It specifically says that on the Blowsion site. But it is unnecessary with a stock pipe and motor. Odds are with it you may cold seize it due to excessive cooling and cold water temps on a stock motor.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I've got a FP, but haven't gone to dual cooling. My ski doesn't get hot really. I can always touch the motor and the water doesn't sizzle on my pipe.

Texan33

Yacht Wakes Hunter
I am going to purchase a FP for my SXR soon and will also get the dual cooling kit just in case. Also, would you use the dual cooling kit if you have both FP and a/m flywheel? Those flywheel are a lot lighter and will increases the motor's rpm. Higher rpm = more heat

DJ, I am assuming you have an a/m flywheel in your too and ain't using dual cooling yet?

Last edited:

JamesG

Site Supporter
I've got a FP, but haven't gone to dual cooling. My ski doesn't get hot really. I can always touch the motor and the water doesn't sizzle on my pipe.
Probably depends on where you ride. My ski gets occasionally hot with stock cooling during summer, because the water gets pretty warm here, in florida.

I was having a problem with my ski's cooling at the end of this year. At idle it would come out in spurts. Kinda sounds like a water hose when you first turn it on and there is air in the line. Does that sound more like a clogged/blocked passege or a leak in the line somewhere drawing air in? It never got to hot cause the water here was getting pretty cold when it started to happen.

Ever since I put my wet pipe on my ski it's sqwerts out the pisser it never has a constant stream coming out but it doesn't over heat at all. Engine runs cool all the time
Also I don't have a dual cooling kit I just set up the cooling lines as factory pipe says to in the instructions

Anyone know why it's doing this I've been running it like that for 2 summers now just thought I'd ask if maybe I should get the dual cooling kit??

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
Running dual cooling will never hurt a ski. In fact it helps tremendously on a stock motor. It can be set up many ways on a stock motor, just gotta do some homework.

I would absolutely run dual cooling on any motor and also run a dedicated line to the exhaust pipe. For example, if you have a dry pipe or wet pipe, one cooling line that comes in will split off and both will feed the motor. The second line coming into your hull goes directly to the exhaust pipe. This keeps the motor and exhaust systems separate of each other in case of an overheat, you will only overheat one cooling circuit and not both. It also just provides better overall performance. Water routing can be done in many different configurations.

Alright cool I think I'm going to be doing a dual cooling kit this winter

Does anyone have a good cooling diagram of dual cooling on a stock engine witha wet pipe?

Thanks

If you drip water on the pipe and it doesnt sizzle, then doesnt that mean you need to tighten one of the jets on the pipe and "turn it up". If it doesnt sizzle then the pipe isnt hot enough and you arent making as much power as you could

No thats not true some skis will tune differently like for example my SXR when its not sizzling (bottom and middle closed, top open) the ski has more low end so i just it depends on where you want your power

Top Bottom