Blowsion Foot Strap Install Kit, Review and Pictures.

gemiller

h2o addiction
I had posted about going to be doing this install on 951fixation and my 550 over the recent weeks and we finally did one of them and a lot of you(over on pwctoday mainly) were wondering how well blowsions kit was going to work. Heres the scoop.

http://www.blowsion.com/search_resu...xtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch

Above is link to the blowsions foot strap section, we used (this is for 2 550's).

2 Supremo Footstraps 19.95 Each
1 Install Kit with Plastic Weld 17.95
1 Install Kit w/out Plastic Weld 9.95

The install kit was absolutely ingenious, and even if it was overpriced imho, for what it was, I would and will be buying them again.

Instructions for using them,

Basically I took the metal spacer which you see in the one picture that is inside the strap and used it as a marker guidline, drilled 5/16th holes 1/2"in deep per blowsions instructions, and mixed the glue up.(you cover the outside of the insert in this, basically its acting as a weld from your hull fiberglass to the insert and also acting as a sealant. And screwed them in with an allen wrench, blowsion was very smart by putting a small "plug" screw inside of them so during the install the glue will not backlash up through the nut thing and ruin the whole install, basically once all is said and done you use a small allen wrench and back the plug out.

One glue will cover Id imagine about 4 straps, so if you going to be doing a few straps you could just get one kit with glue. Also, depending on how you want it you may also not do 2 on each side of the strap, we did do 2 on each side for positivity the strap will stay. but for my x2 im only putting one anchor on each side of the strap.

The hardest part of the whole install is planning where you are going to put the holes for alignment of the strap, we spent about 20minutes on pure debating on where to stick it, after all was said and done we think it came out pretty well. Please ignore the messy tray, that ski is under full reconstruction, as of right now we are filling in the rails and smoothing the ski out, we just installed a westcoast full system on it(its a 650 conversion ski).

It took from start to finish on one ski under 30 minutes. Then you have to let the glue set, after its set we screwed it all together and it fit comfortably and we even gave a few real hard pulls on it to test strength and there definately seems to be some solidness behind it.

If you are thinking about footstraps and hesitant on install method, even though this one is drilled into the hull, its solid and secure.

I hope this little write up and pics helped you guys make the move, we certainly do not regret it.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Top Bottom