Blowsion Motors Anyone Have Em? Please comment

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
Don't believe all the internet rumors and the complaints of people who don't take care of their hardware and get mad when it doesn't last forever.

PV's serve a purpose and with little maintainance you will have no trouble with them.

Lucaumpits

RIDE LIKE U'VE STOLE IT!!
Nice

will be very helpful if u can post prices of short block options, for those big bad boys, then we can compare
Go with a minimum 10MM stroker crank and a 89-91MM piston, upwards of 1000cc, plenty of power and you won't look back.

DASA can set you up with either a 12MM or 16MM stroker as well.

SB Products also has billet engine cases to go with DASA's billet cylinder.

Everything, along with prices, can be veiwed at dasaracing.com, call the shop or send me a PM if you are interested in more information.

I can post assembled prices if you are interested.

Brian

wsuwrhr

Nice

will be very helpful if u can post prices of short block options, for those big bad boys, then we can compare

Pricing on a ported and assembled engine package from DASA with SBP billet cases:

10-12MM stroker 89-91 bore is $7650.00 USD

16MM stroker 89-91 bore is $7887.00 USD

These two engines are complete:

Cylinder, cases, crank, head and domes, all billet. Pistons and all PV parts.

We also offer modified new factory case engines as well. Stock stroke on up to 10MM stroker.

Our complete cylinder kits are all $2800.

I can break it all down if you would like as well.

Brian

Last edited:
Thanx for all the input guys:bigeyes:

Yes Motz told me Komander built some smoooth motors for the surf slam, i really think its all personal prefenrence once you start with a builder the relantionship begins haha.

Brett Armstrong a good friend of mine rides a rickter with i think a 760 single carb and he loves it and lives by it!

As i ride 90% of the time flatwater, i want a average 1000cc motor with maybe that epic ignition&tbm flywheel, to practise/ride flatwater trick but still reliable to hit the surf every (holiday/contest isnt it the same thing lol) its so easy to get lost with all the great builders...

I must say however i havent seen any others hulls than the bun hulls go as big on flatwater, maybe its the 16mm motors and kids riding them? I weigh 70kg/165 pounds so im very light i built a 1000cc kawidoo thinking i could freeride with it and its a brick:grumble: this is why i started this thread - back to the drawing board lol

Thanx for you r post Brian and the guys my minds messing with me ;>

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

You're welcome sir,

Monday, Shoot a call to the shop and ask for Kyle. He will be more than happy to answer your pricing or technical questions with no sales pitch.

Brian

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
As i ride 90% of the time flatwater, i want a average 1000cc motor with maybe that epic ignition&tbm flywheel, to practise/ride flatwater trick but still reliable to hit the surf

Consider using the ATP Flame Total Loss system. It sits in the stock ebox and is protected from salt that way. I've been running it trouble free in my flatwater, sometimes surf boat since November.

Consider using the ATP Flame Total Loss system. It sits in the stock ebox and is protected from salt that way. I've been running it trouble free in my flatwater, sometimes surf boat since November.

Cool that sounds pretty much saltwater proof! i ride my ski a bit hard lol ive broken many engine mountings comlpetely out of the hull later installed truck motor mounts that worked haha...

How much motor do you think is too much 4 surf? Lenzi ran his flatwater ski @ brasil freeride was impressive sounded like a chainsaw rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaninininininininin lol.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Thanx for all the input guys:bigeyes:

Yes Motz told me Komander built some smoooth motors for the surf slam, i really think its all personal prefenrence once you start with a builder the relantionship begins haha.

Brett Armstrong a good friend of mine rides a rickter with i think a 760 single carb and he loves it and lives by it!

As i ride 90% of the time flatwater, i want a average 1000cc motor with maybe that epic ignition&tbm flywheel, to practise/ride flatwater trick but still reliable to hit the surf every (holiday/contest isnt it the same thing lol) its so easy to get lost with all the great builders...

I must say however I havent seen any others hulls than the bun hulls go as big on flatwater, maybe its the 16mm motors and kids riding them? I weigh 70kg/165 pounds so im very light i built a 1000cc kawidoo thinking i could freeride with it and its a brick:grumble: this is why i started this thread - back to the drawing board lol

Thanx for you r post Brian and the guys my minds messing with me ;>

Here's a link to some old video of Patrick on our last years XS 1000 hull, even bigger now the the '10 hull.
I pretty sure Patrick is about 180 lbs, at :56 and 1:02 is Mike riding around in the background and he is '6"1 tall. This engine is a 10mm stroker X 91mm bore = 1014cc
http://www.xmetalworks.com/videos.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenzi is a great rider and has build an incredible flat water package. That boat was basically identical to the one he won WF on a couple weeks earlier. But it would be hard to call that event a surf contest...however if you have to compete in stuff like that then 16mm power valve motor from DASA is the best you could hope for. I was certainly under gunned with my 760 there.

If you want a good reliable flat water setup it would be hard to go wrong with DASA, same price getting it complete from DASA or Steve.

And now I'm out cause I feel like I'm trying to sell you something and really it makes no difference to me what you use. What do I know anyway....I just ride em....

wsuwrhr

In all fairness the boat Lenzi rode in WF, and probably that boat as well, was/is powered by a Polaris based engine.

I wish he had the 16MM in there, but billet cases weren't legal for competition.

Yes, Dasa does not undercut the dealers, pricing is the same that I know of.

Brian

Lenzi is a great rider and has build an incredible flat water package. That boat was basically identical to the one he won WF on a couple weeks earlier. But it would be hard to call that event a surf contest...however if you have to compete in stuff like that then 16mm power valve motor from DASA is the best you could hope for. I was certainly under gunned with my 760 there.

If you want a good reliable flat water setup it would be hard to go wrong with DASA, same price getting it complete from DASA or Steve.

And now I'm out cause I feel like I'm trying to sell you something and really it makes no difference to me what you use. What do I know anyway....I just ride em....

Last edited:
Thank you for your posts Supertune/Ross/Die Hard riders i really appreciate it!:eek2:

I really hope anyone wanting to buy a complete build like myself reads this whole thread about great prices and super support! As soon as i make my decision il post it on the ski9 buildups thread lookout for the Africa Bob ;>:icon16:

Ive learned more in this thread than browsing 50 sites+:bananajump:

Hendrik LLOYD,

Ps: i just got the results from racing here in rsa, i think im the only one with 0 points as i was DQ due to racing a kawidoo was fun though, Motz said it was ok if i race(sweet guy) then he DQ me 3 weeks before when i called him haha he let me race anyway!:icon16:

IKSTEJ

BOGIE
Do your research. Theres no complaints, no failures, no BS
XScream is where its at.

Hulls, engines, pumps, and Everything you need under one roof
Pro Tuners, and Pro Riders in house for tech support (Everyday)

We don't just design and build em we ride em. :brap:

WWW.XMETALWORKS.COM

Last edited:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Do your research. Theres no complaints, no failures, no BS
XScream is where its at.

Hulls, engines, pumps, and Everything you need under one roof
Pro Tuners, and Pro Riders in house for tech support (Everyday)

We don't just design and build em we ride em. :brap:

WWW.XMETALWORKS.COM

True statement-1 stop shopping!!!

Top Bottom