blowsion reinforcement kit question. Urgent quick question!

750SX

DO IT
I have the blowsion sj side reinforcement kit. On the precut panels or fiberglass one side is a shiny woven texture, and the other side is a random fiberglass strand pattern(looks like fiberglass mat). I was wondering which side I should epoxy against the hull? I'm thinking the rougher side, the one that looks like mat should go against the hull, therefore the smoother woven side would be out. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

StandupWI

Sinking with the bilge on
When I did my ski I had the mat against the hull just as you said. I think I remember reading that is the correct way to go. I didn't use the blowsion kit but I am sure they have the same biaxle glass.

750SX

DO IT
Yet another question. About how many ounces or epoxy did you mix up for the bondline? Also, about how many ounces of epoxy did you use for one side or reinforcement mat?

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
you just brush the resin on until the cloth is fully saturated, and squeedgy any excess out. It doesn't have to be perfect, and once you dive in and start laying the cloth you get a feel for it pretty quickly. Its really important to make sure there is no air pockets anywhere. It helps to use some filler with resin to create a puddy in order to fill the bondline to create a smooth surface to lay glass over.

750SX

DO IT
I bought medium epoxy. M I S T A K E. It is taking forever to cure in a hot garage. When adding cabosil, can you add too much, that would make it take awhile to cure?

Top Bottom