Custom/Hybrid BOB or Superfreak?????

right on point......i have ridden the vision, and WOW for a glass hull this thing is extremely light and handles great, hopefully more people will get a chance to ride this hull, as well as the new -4 i have heard rumors about......where u at steve?

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Josh -5 wont work check my build thread, I believe matteeee said so

HAHAHAHA... I already know how the -4.3 rides... I think -5, shorter pole than I currently run, I know Tem is working on some new holds, and I want to assemble the hull like you did.

Will see.... Mines riding great so maybe just new paint & turf & it will be like a new ski again

HAHAHAHA... I already know how the -4.3 rides... I think -5, shorter pole than I currently run, I know Tem is working on some new holds, and I want to assemble the hull like you did.

Will see.... Mines riding great so maybe just new paint & turf & it will be like a new ski again

Na you sell it to me this winter and enjoy your new ski.

what's it weigh?

not sure of actual weight but i usually ride a stripped and chopped rn.....and his is very, VERY flickable....feels like full carbon hull, and with the footholds alot lower than standard holds it is really, really impressive even for stock lenght ski and no mag pump and stock electrics....IMO, this ski is very well built and does everything you want it to do and alot more......stab the throttle and HANG ON!!!! deff. has LOTS of potential for all your brappp-needs, surf, freeride, some flatwater (im a novice on flat so i do not have much to stand by)

Last edited:

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
What's it weigh?

Back to this weight thing again... Number are Numbers & everyone out there says my boat is light, bla, bla, bla

You never see guys posting numbers (Not talking about you Boyer)

The only guys out there with unreal light weight ski's are superfreak owners.... I remember seeing a Thread that said no way RTR weight under 250.... We got surf ski's that are under 250, lol

I like Steve & think he's a great guy & built a nice hull. Looking forward to seeing it in person & riding one, I think he plans on coming up to Orlando again for a lake ride....

Lets see the hull on a scale! Not trying to be a dick

But to compete in FW the guys with the lightest Ski's & Biggest motors always win.. Look at WF's last year, you think that ski has a 900cc motor & 100 lb hull??? Come on thats a 50-60lb hull with a 1200 & it shows

Look at Lucas, Carbon Sub 50lb hull, 900cc motor going big... 3 flips in a row in am class....

Weight & Brap = wins

Now we talk about how strong is it, these light weight hulls can't hold up, bla, bla, bla..... I will say the first few hulls Tem had area's that had to be addressed (I'm talking Xmetal hull 4-5 yrs ago, so before Superfreak started).. Even that first carbon hull I had that has been sold a few times, I beat the crap out of that ski, Lawn darts I can't count how many... I use to flip that ski in 2ft surf break all the time.. Not a crack!

The Badass hulls have been lawn darted, over & over & over, Failed Double backflips off V wake attemps, over & over & over... No one rides a ski harder than Lucas, if it can break my friend Lucas will break it... No stress marks, no cracks...

Only failure on the badass are the hoods, but come on my hood is under 6 lbs... It cracked because I didn't have enough pad under the pole & the steering cable end hit... The 8 lb hoods are super strong, I just wanted to save weight...

Lets compare like to like & not start a BS thread about whats better, opinions are like A holes, everyone has one!

Last edited:

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
The only guys out there with unreal light weight ski's are superfreak owners.... I remember seeing a Thread that said no way RTR weight under 250.... We got surf ski's that are under 250, lol

My 2011 BOB, RTR was 215lbs. I'm looking to break the 200 mark for my 2012 ski, as long as I'm not moving up to pro with a bigger motor. You guys aren't the ONLY ones with light weight skis. :bigok:

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
My 2011 BOB, RTR was 215lbs. I'm looking to break the 200 mark for my 2012 ski, as long as I'm not moving up to pro with a bigger motor. You guys aren't the ONLY ones with light weight skis. :bigok:

I here ya, that wasn't towards you... IMO for Flatwater a lighter hull is almost more important that big CC brap...

Congrats on the weight... I can't wait til Brian gets his new pumps... Half the weight of a Skat Mag!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
My 2011 BOB, RTR was 215lbs.

Until I see that on a calibrated scale, I ain't buying it. Sorry DK :veryhappy: :biggrin:

I weighed every single component when I put mine together. Without battery and with a 56lb hull (and 8lb hood, 6lb pole, 1.5lb waterbox) mine came in at 241 with 2 gallons of gas. Where are the other 26lbs? :dunno:
Add even a superlight battery, and you're at 28 lb difference to make true RTR weight.

Last edited:

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
Gimme a few minutes to look for the pics, I know I have it some where. We built my hull dumb-dumb light because I can never manage to break anything. 2-3 lbs hood with a stupid light hull. If you push on the side, it flexes a lot. Definitely not a strong hull, but it's light :veryhappy:
The only things I can think of that made mine lighter is we only did 2 layers of carbon for the lay up (minimal reinforcements), and I don't think there's any foam either.

Plus, I'm only 115lbs, so my BOB w/ operator is almost equal to a super jet, which was what really got me stoked for that ski.

Until I see that on a calibrated scale, I ain't buying it. Sorry DK :veryhappy: :biggrin:

I weighed every single component when I put mine together. Without battery and with a 56lb hull (and 8lb hood, 6lb pole, 1.5lb waterbox) mine came in at 241 with 2 gallons of gas. Where are the other 26lbs? :dunno:
Add even a superlight battery, and you're at 28 lb difference to make true RTR weight.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
I don't think your hull + hood weighed 39 lbs, did it?

I know my 140 mag makes for a few extra pounds, though. (Btw, this is just a friendly balls busting. I would love to be proven wrong on that. I know how my 241RTR rides. Can't imagine another 26 off that)

Matt_E

Site Supporter
ok you have to try it to0 so you realize how much better mine rides than yours.. why do you think josh is thinking about going shorter? come on fella

btw its closer to -6 than it is to -5

Have you still not figured out that I've been joking? Seriously? :lmao:
For months now you thought I was serious? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
I don't know why any of us ride A/M hulls... Don't you guys know by now Yamaha & Kawi built the best oem riding hulls out there.... I just read a complete thread about this so I'm going to sell my freak & start looking for a bone stock SN 650 & learn how to turn & ride coreectly.. I will be right back with the RTR weight, I think the scale broke after we weighted the SXR

Top Bottom