bogging problem?

Hey guys so i have a 61x motor that has a bogging issue in a fx-1. motor is pretty new. I would say less then 10hours on it. compression is at 118 and 125. This is what i have done but have had no luck:

switched fuel tank vent
switched ecu
check hose clamps
changed the carb
checked the jets
tuned as best i could

is the compression the issue? let me know what you think

Make sure your compression gauge is a good one as well. I bought a cheap o from Harbor Frieght and it reads very low. My good one reads 175 and my HF would read 110-120.

Okay I wi try a different gauge tonight the motor was supposed to be basically new when I bought it. He said it was a new crate 61x that he sent directly to riva performance. Its running a protec head, factory pipe, protec ignition, 44mm carb.

Still running like crap. Seems like it doesn't matter what you do with the jetting dials it still sounds like its bouncing off the rev limiter and very very low speeds. The protec ignition has a dial on the side of it and and it seems to make no difference if its turned all the way to 1 or all they way to 3. I put my epic in it and had no spark. So I put the protec back in and had spark again......? I'm changing the stator, putting a jss coil in,going back to a stock cdi, going to put in new reeds and throw the old 44mm carb back on. I changed the head gasket (o-rings) and made no difference. Any other ideas?

ok just to keep anyone that was reading this thread informed. i replaced the:
coil and went with a jss
put a stock cdi back in,
new stator
new boyeson reeds
all new gaskets
put other carb back on
checked all alligments (which was good)

once she was all back together it ran great! carb needs a little tuning but 100x better then it was. The cooling line going off the head to the b-pipe popped off and the ski overheated but other then that she ran perfect. im not sure what exactly the problem was but im leaning towards the stator and the cdi. everything else looked mint.

Top Bottom