Super Jet Bought a SuperJet.

So a few weeks ago I met a guy in New Mexico who wanted to sell his 91 superjet with a broken handlepole. Needless to say the price was right at 350 and I just made a return trip with azrider to pick it up. It is entirely stock except an added bilge. got 0 degree bars, mariner rideplate, roundnose pole and bracket from azrider as well.
Have yet to get it started due to an electrical pzak and hood shots 005.jpgroblem. there is a click coming from the e-box when start button is pushed but starter does not seem to be doing anything. i figure its a bzak and hood shots 003.jpgad starter but idk yet.
another question is: how do I attach the front of my hood if I replace the stock pole bracket with a roundnose one?zak and hood shots 006.jpg

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
First for you to be able to use a RN pole you need a Hazzard bracket

Second open your e-box and use a screwdriver to jump the solenoid if the starter kicks in its your solenoid if it doesn't it's your starter

thanks for the welcome. I have been lurking here for a while but decided to join now that i have my own ski. Already opened it up and jumped the solenoid.... Nothing whatsoever. not even a noticeable spark.

AZRIDER

stupid desert
I've seen the ski... infact its in the back of one of my trucks right now I'm wondering if the ground is "mostly" bad, because you definatly get a click from the box, but nothing else; so the ground cant be all the way gone I have supposed- also wondered about the positive cable to the starter, beyond that I'de have to say its gotta be the starter, but I could be missing something

the cables all seemed tight. I'm banking on installing a new starter tomorrow, cleaning up and resealing the e-box, and hopefully starting it.
I was kind of hoping to find an alternate method of mounting the hood. I am not afraid of difficult mods or glass-work but I am on a budget and hoping to use the stock hooks and catches by relocating them. Anyone know if this is possible? The roundnose bracket is narrower then the square bracket right? Could I mount the hooks on the outsides of the new bracket and relocate the hood mounted parts accordingly?
Thanks for all the quick feedback! You guys are awesome.

I was kind of hoping to find an alternate method of mounting the hood. I am not afraid of difficult mods or glass-work but I am on a budget and hoping to use the stock hooks and catches by relocating them. Anyone know if this is possible? The roundnose bracket is narrower then the square bracket right? Could I mount the hooks on the outsides of the new bracket and relocate the hood mounted parts accordingly?
Thanks for all the quick feedback! You guys are awesome.

When I did the switch to a RN pole I re-used the SN bracket and mounted the stock (trimmed down) hood hooks on the out side of the bracket. You would also have to cut/grind down the end of the pole to clear the SN bracket.

attachment.php

attachment.php

thanks for the pics munki, really helped me decide how to do it.
i ground the bracket and shaved a small amount off the bottom of the pole, got some stainless washers. no pole spring yet.
have not yet mounted the hood catches.
just need to sort out the starter issue now..IMG_0997.jpg.IMG_6807(2).jpg

Check your start/stop switch, bypass it to see if that is your problem (disconnect black/white wire connector near e-box I think). I had all kinds of starting/spark issues and it turned out to be the most simple fix, the start/stop switch on these things are :):):):) for some reason.

AZRIDER

stupid desert
nah we checked it...
I'm out of town right now havent seen his ski in a couple days, betcha he still hasnt pulled off the exhaust to get to the starter, but I am willing to bet it will be done tommorow....
because of this post
Its just all the S/S switches are so old nowadays,, I have a ghost S/S issue on one of my blasters works fine when not on the handle bars, but you attah it to the handle bars and it works rarely

AZRIDER

stupid desert
i lied fool hasn't fixed it
I'll give daily updates of his not-progress until the sj leaves my house or is running
lazy lazy lazy lol--- motivation through humilation

Get it going! I just got my SN running again with the RN pole, makes a huge difference. A shortened RN pole, quick-steer mod (at the turnplate and nozzle), really make the ski handle a lot better. Intake grate should be #1 on your mod list as well, will make it handle chop a lot better and hook up.

onedumbtrucker

Now with 20% more pulp.
Sounds more like a dead battery or one that won't hold a charge. It takes very little power to engage the solenoid but a lot to actually get the starter motor spinning. Try a known working battery or boost it.

Top Bottom