Bpipe paint bling. Yay or nay?

Well my bpipe was painted black, but when I started to do my themed build, there will literally no black on my ski so it seemed out of place, so I stripped my black paint and decided to do this. The royal blue may seem out of place for now but I will have royal blue accents throughout the ski when its done. I know its not perfect, Clearly there is some flaws (uneven, jagged paint lines) but I like it. What do you all think?

P5200505.jpg

P5200506.jpg

I have a little overspray on the white part on the headpipe, but I will fix that
P5200507.jpg

P5200509.jpg

Last edited:

Waternut

Customizing addict
I like it but you might want to rethink the white... It's going to look like poo after 2 short rides.

I painted my engine bay a brilliant gloss white right before Daytona. When I got home it was a pretty sweet matte gray. I was so disappointed.

Why did it turn gray Waternut? My engine bay on my old 650 stays immaculate. Cant you spray it with some WD-40 before you ride and then wipe it down after? Not to thread jack, but what happens if you spray your engine compartment with engine bright before you ride? I have wondered about this several times... Will the fumes cause a problem? (ncbrock) I like the colors, I have a hot pinkish orange pipe in powdercoating right now. It matches nothing on the outside of my ski, but I wanted to put some wild colors inside, we will see how it goes. If anything, my girlfriend will like it haha!

I like it but you might want to rethink the white... It's going to look like poo after 2 short rides.

I painted my engine bay a brilliant gloss white right before Daytona. When I got home it was a pretty sweet matte gray. I was so disappointed.

Well, I hope that doesnt happen to me, I plan on my engine bay being white. Or maybe blue. Idk Ill think it over, Ive already layed down the fiberglass for reinforcement with white dyed resin. So im halfway there.

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn

This is likely caused by an exhaust leak. Really, I can't think of anything else that would do that... Anyways, alot of times you can pinpoint the leak just by looking at the stains.

Waternut

Customizing addict
Mine could've turned gray because I sprayed everything down with WD-40 before riding and that allowed the dirt to stick better. I've had exhaust leaks in the past but there wasn't one at the time. Normally in the past, the engine bay turns gray over time but typically not that fast. One way or another though, it'll turn gray. Sure you can spray it with degreaser and it'll clean right up but that has two downsides... First it dulls the paint on everything else and second it only works if you can wipe everything that needs cleaning.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, only sharing potential concerns... The way I see it, it's your ski so whatever makes you happy.

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
Mine goes gray after a bit. I just pull everything out of the at the end of the season and scrub it out. The residual water that remains in the hull after a ride evaporates and leaves crusties, at least in my situation (fresh water).

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
If the inside of your hull goes grey after use and can be washed off it is most certainly an exhaust leak. If not, what else could it be? Dirt will wash off with the constant supply of clean water sloshing around in there unless it is held on by an oil or grease. My guess is it's not grease.

If the inside of your hull goes grey after use and can be washed off it is most certainly an exhaust leak. If not, what else could it be? Dirt will wash off with the constant supply of clean water sloshing around in there unless it is held on by an oil or grease. My guess is it's not grease.

the blow back off the carb can make the inside of the ski turn grey

Top Bottom