Break in or not?

chrisdoc0608

insulting
i will be doing this soon, whats the best idea if you still have to tune the carb, run it rich until broken in then tune?
what about running the ski on the trailer (while strapped down in the water) to break it in?

Last edited:

#ZERO

Beach Bum
i will be doing this soon, whats the best idea if you still have to tune the carb, run it rich until broken in then tune?
what about running the ski on the trailer (while strapped down in the water) to break it in?

Here's a bunch of carb tuning documents, maybe this will help.

Attachments

• PWC Carb Tuning Docs.pdf
    116.3 KB · Views: 232

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I bought a Seadoo RX once from a local dealer,it had low compression written on the hull with a grease pencil.I got it home and put a new battery and spark plugs in it,shot a blast of berryman down the intake and it fired up and sounded good.I then pulled the plugs and di a compression test and sure enough it was low about 120-125.I pulled the fuel filter off and the gas looked funny,really dark,so I siphoned some gas out and it was premix at least 50-1 or so.I siphoned out all the gas and put some fresh gas in .Then I took it out and ran it like I stole it,which basically for what I paid for it .I wore it out for about two hours till it hit reserve,I then rechecked the compression 150 and 150. Apparantly they had been running premix in it the whole time and it had never properly seated the rings,I sold it the next week for $4300.00.I paid $400.00 for it and had to buy a trailer to put it on,so I grossed about $3600.00 on that one.Wish I could buy ten more like that one lol.

Last edited:

meatball

User Title Unavailable
seriously. love to see more pwc on tv plus that is a sweet show.

not just PWC's motorcycles and shiot too. But yea, this would be an awesome episode! It would take about 1200 hours just in motor testing I think to get it right though, and a LOT of gasoline.

Top Bottom