broken ankle

WaHoo_1

Surf Swimmer
update: i went to the hospital and signed out my xrays yesterday.

i'm going for a second opinion. i didnt see SQUAT wrong with my films.

something about a swollen malleolous or something like that, but there was a note attached to the xrays that said (for both left and right ankles) "no sign of fracture or broken bones"

so, i don't know what's up with these quacks.

i see the orthopedic surgeon on friday, maybe he can explain it to me. sounds like a hospital just trying to get insurance money so far to me.

hmmmm..... guess just wait and see like you said until your visit to the OS. Good luck brah... hopefully nothing is broken- but you find out what the deal is with the ankle swelling and pain.

you're not menstrating by chance are you?:biggrin:

SuziQ

Banned
Saki, while I was at ortho yesterday, they had a memo on the a/r counter explaining that we might see something stating surgery, even if we didn't have surgery. It stated that it was for insurance coding purposes...:sneaky: :dunno:

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
exactly. so they can charge the ins company $$$$ for stuff they didnt even do!

CROOKS! i hate doctors/hospitals. just another big shady-a$$ business.
I'm with you on that. when I broke my nose and cut my lip I went in for stiches. they said they couldn't stich the cut but wanted to send me in for a cat scan. why do I need a cat scan for a broken nose? so they could charge the ins. company big $$$

saki.....you need one of these...serious man, for the money...I'd buy one

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Invacare-Me...5QQihZ008QQcategoryZ28176QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

something like this could at least allow you to move out into the garage AND give you a place to sit!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Deluxe-ligh...8QQihZ001QQcategoryZ28176QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

here's another option...if you go that way I'll send ya a coupole of tennis balls..:biggrin:

(im being dead serious man....I'd totally rock one of these things)

SuziQ

Banned
That's great news Saki. You might want to ask them about something they gave me today; they're Anti-shox Gels by Aetrex. You wear them in your shoes. I've taken a few steps so far in them today (rather painful and not graceful) without the crutches along with some ankle wraps they provided by ASO (these are really good ones). All this fits inside regular tennis shoes.

I'm still getting the run around myself...to have mri and bone density testing next week I'm told. Meanwhile they wrote rx for pt 3 times wk for 4wks along with ultrasoundings. I dunno.

tom21

havin fun
way to go saki! I guess its not all that bad, coulda been much worse eh? Now you are officially an old fart- like ME! bones creak and moan when you get up in the morning. stuff don't work as good as it used to, shuffleboard looks better and better everyday. shall I send you some Blu Blockers? All the cool guys at the retirement home are wearing em.:Banane01:

SuziQ

Banned
well, that's just it, I dunno yet and am just frustrated over these slow docs and outta state ins crap (xferring docs, PPO). He says he thinks it's just a mild sprain and that he expects to see inflamed tends ligs as well as inflamation in the bursa (?) on the heal. THAT would b good news! Just after walking around for four mths on a fracture last time and not knowin it, I don't trust anything but an mri these days. Then he's disagreeing with an assoc and my Atl doc on putting the bone stim on the old fracture...blah blah blah. Buncha quacks! All I know is I'm gonna bust out in the gym.

I really think anyone with ankle probs should look into those gels though. They are to lessen the impact on the heal.

SuziQ

Banned
I DID Sir, right off the getgo. But, since a Dr. in Atl has already been treating me for the left (1st injury), no dr. down here wants to touch it since they are afraid insurance won't pick it up (due to being under another docs care). So, my ATL dr. xferred all notes and films down here to these docs, but still they don't wanna mess with it for fear of not getting paid by insurance. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I'd pay it myself, if they'd just do SOMETHING! I go to ATL early Feb to handle a worker's comp audit, so I made an appt with my doc up there for another mri on the orig. What a pia! :bs2:

Top Bottom