SX/SXi/SXi Pro brutally honest opinions of 750sx

hey everyone! here's the deal....i am in desperate need of a stand up (1st choice a RN), but funds are limited. i know i'll end up with a RN in the future, but came across a 750sx...

what are the main set backs of this ski when compared to an sxi or sxi pro, or even an sxr??? is it worth running in the meantime, or should i just keep the money and continue to save for a RN?

THANKS!

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
I'd get a 650 SN before a 750. Then you could just save for a 701 motor later. I hated my buddies 750. Felt like you were riding a pencil an laaaate power.

Boris

The Good Old Days
A shait ride is always better than a good walk.
That being said, why get so hung up on the RN ? Get a SN and ride the snot out of it. Either than the aesthetics they all the same.

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
I actually really like my 750sx, just doesn't shoot out of the water off idle like the SJ or other kaws that I have ridden

I love my 750, that being said, I had too spend a crap ton of money to get it where its at now and I should have just started with a RN. If your just learning to ride a 750 is fine. The main drawback is the weight of the ski and the lack of low end brap. Kawi is by far a better rec ski, if you want to flip it then you might as well hold out for a rn though. I know my ski can BR eventually but its going to be ALOT harder than on a yamaha.

same thing here, I liked the 750 after it had a ton money dumped into it, but at the end of the day it still sucked compared to my two RN"S, it does feel like your riding a pencil made out of complete lead

If we were comparing a stock SX to a RN I would take the RN! But if I were given a choice between my personal SXi and any modded superjet, I would take my ski in a minute. I like the handleing, power, and light feel, but mine is very very modified! I would go with what you can afford for now to get you on the water and then ride as many other ski's as you can to deceide what you like.

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
I would also like to add that my sx is moderately modified, repainted and still has gross spent under 2k. Now for me to find a decent RN it would cost me atleast double so for a cost benefit anaysis would result in my current setup being much more benefitial. I believe the ski most likely can support any trick that would like to perform but rather my skills just need improved.

Agree with both above posts, I actually hate the way a rn rides. Only good for doing tricks imho. I hate to think about how much money I have in this ski now, I paid 3k for it stock and have spent well over that modding it over the last two years. It has enough power to do most tricks although my skillz arent there yet.
Btw the think that I like about the kawi is that you can stunt it, carve it, and run down the lake at 50+. Mine is setup to be a balance of all three aspects.

2010brandingo

TEACH ME HOW TO DOUGIE!
if we were comparing a stock sx to a rn i would take the rn! But if i were given a choice between my personal sxi and any modded superjet, i would take my ski in a minute. I like the handleing, power, and light feel, but mine is very very modified! I would go with what you can afford for now to get you on the water and then ride as many other ski's as you can to deceide what you like.

x2

brett

-------------
the only time i miss any of my old kawis is a glassy day at the lake carving down the shoreline...if your planning to do anything other than that get an sn

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Ok you want brutally honest, I had a 750SX, heavy as hell and slow, I sold it for $1000.00 and was glad to see it go, I have ridden several 750sx's modded with pipes and flame arrestors and its a totally different story, same with the SXI rode one and totally loved the handling and power

so in conclusion SXI = the bomb, SX = slow heavy a$$ pig

well, i have to admit reading all these replies put a smile on my face! i guess it looks like i'll switch over to searching for a SN.....cheap, and i'm guessing enough power to learn on until i can throw a 701 in -or- swap out the 650 with the 701 in what would become my wife's blaster :dunno:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
well, i have to admit reading all these replies put a smile on my face! i guess it looks like i'll switch over to searching for a SN.....cheap, and i'm guessing enough power to learn on until i can throw a 701 in -or- swap out the 650 with the 701 in what would become my wife's blaster :dunno:

Wait we are talking about a SN with a 650, its a slow heavy a$$ pig too !
I would take the SX LOL :1zhelp:

Kawikazi

Don't follow my line.
If we were comparing a stock SX to a RN I would take the RN! But if I were given a choice between my personal SXi and any modded superjet, I would take my ski in a minute. I like the handleing, power, and light feel, but mine is very very modified! I would go with what you can afford for now to get you on the water and then ride as many other ski's as you can to deceide what you like.

X3
It's very pencil feeling but changing to am handle pole and steering is where its at. Kaw's stock pole is not only heavy as hell but WAY too long! Hence giving you that "steering the point of a pencil around from the eraser" feeling.

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
couldn't have said it better....stock pole feels like writing with a pencil from the eraser..lol. looking for a RN SJ pole as i type this! love my 750 Pro though... sure its a money pit, but aren't all hobbies? I've ridden my brothers fully decked out RN SJ (MSD total loss,, ported and polished, Skat track Magnum 12 vein pump, Factory Dry pipe with electronic water injection, full girdle kit w/ hi comp. domes, -6" pole, quick steer, and anything else u can put on that ski) and i still prefer mine. his just feels "weird and not stable" .....maybe I'm not good enough for it, but i rather be out on the lake/delta on my ski for the day than his.

Last edited:
Opinion wise, nobody here likes them very much. They're an OK starter ski as long at its dirt cheap. At the time I liked them better than a SN on smooth water because they carve so well and were challenging to ride at full speed. 1996 model had the old hull with the best engine. Not very desirable for surf riding, but neither is an SXR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom