budget 750 swap jetting

installing a fresh top end small pin single carb keihin 750 into an x2, dried out 650 exhaust. what should i start with for jetting? will i be close enough with stock kawi ss jetting?

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
The last one I did was on a 650SX with a single carb Kehin , it ended up being a little fat on the pilot and on the main jet , it worked without rejetting but just barely, That one was a last minute deal, the guy was being deployed and wanted to ride for a bit before that happened , otherwise I would have rejetted it , you should put it together and see what you have but most likely you will need to change on jet size leaner on both the pilot and the main jet due to the more restrictive 650 exhaust system.

Don't expect it to be a lot faster with that setup, it will gain a few MPH and come out of the corners harder and have better bottom end but that's about it without changing the carb and the pipe.

Last edited:
The last one I did was on a 650SX with a single carb Kehin , it ended up being a little fat on the pilot and on the main jet , it worked without rejetting but just barely, That one was a last minute deal, the guy was being deployed and wanted to ride for a bit before that happened , otherwise I would have rejetted it , you should put it together and see what you have but most likely you will need to change on jet size leaner on both the pilot and the main jet due to the more restrictive 650 exhaust system.

Don't expect it to be a lot faster with that setup, it will gain a few MPH and come out of the corners harder and have better bottom end but that's about it without changing the carb and the pipe.
pretty much the same boat im in, its not my ski nor my choice. a buddy bought this as a project, lost interest trying to get it together himself. so im putting it together for him and just getting it rideable, as he doesnt even know if he likes x2's and out of budget. he got a direct steer hull with a seized 650 and everything down to the pump in parts boxes for a a few hundred bucks then bought a cheap kawi ss running with low compression, so i had it bored and threw in pistons. told him mikuni swap but he doesnt want to spend anymore money as the little things have added up for him on it. hes a newer rider so it will be fine.

WFO Speedracer

If the X2 has the 2" exhaust hoses , and you have the silver diverter manifold you may be ok with that jetting, also those 2" hose waterboxes flow a lot better than the 1 7/8" ones plus you could always do the waterbox mod and drill it for more flow, the one I did had the 1 7/8' exhaust plumbing , the non - diverter manifold and the stock 650SX waterbox because it was what we had and we didn't have any time to order any parts or do anything creative.

People don't realize that the 650 exhaust parts are a matched set , the skis with the 28mm carbs had the smaller opening non- diverter manifolds and a smaller opening on the exhaust head pipe , when they went to the 38 carb everything went up in size, size matters.

If the X2 has the 2" exhaust hoses , and you have the silver diverter manifold you may be ok with that jetting, also those 2" hose waterboxes flow a lot better than the 1 7/8" ones plus you could always do the waterbox mod and drill it for more flow, the one I did had the 1 7/8' exhaust plumbing , the non - diverter manifold and the stock 650SX waterbox because it was what we had and we didn't have any time to order any parts or do anything creative.

People don't realize that the 650 exhaust parts are a matched set , the skis with the 28mm carbs had the smaller opening non- diverter manifolds and a smaller opening on the exhaust head pipe , when they went to the 38 carb everything went up in size, size matters.
yea running the silver diverter mani and headpipe. great info, i appreciate it!

Make it sputter around 1/4 throttle with the pilot and make it rich of peak RPM at full throttle with the main jet/top screw. Thats (about) all there is to carb tuning.

WFO Speedracer

I am thinking you will be ok then, you might have to tweak the screws in till it runs right, just go in an 1/8 a turn at a time till it runs correctly , start with the low speed then when you have that dialed in set the high speed screw , You might also want to look at the 650 pipe mod , it sure couldn't hurt .

Top Bottom