Blaster Build a perfect blaster! Help!

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
Y extreme throttle kit the motor mounts are different sizes so if one breaks u can't replace it right away u have to wait for Dave to send u a new one I no they are unbreakable but people have broke then before if ur using the yamaha kit get the ada kit they sell use stock mounts and stock mid shaft or use a kawi kit from rad dudes to set motor back to get a motor that is overall a more wanted motor that ppl know more about

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Last edited:
701 IND also produces the 1100/1200 conversion kit. These are light weight but super strong marine grade Stainless Steel adaptor plates that comes in a brushed finish. This set up is so simple. You can run OEM size mounts and will sit the motor in the exact spot to use your existing mid housing and short shaft. I personally run this set up and couldn't be more pleased. Feel free to contact me if you need any info about these conversions. I also run a 155mm pump and can guide you through the fit up of that as well. Sold as a adapters only or as a kit which includes a set of Gen3 mounts. Prices & pics listed in the product section. Cheers

Well I'm thinking a little of both. I live in the dry-est county in Michigan. It's a couple hour drive to ride surf. I mostly am gonna ride flat water. I really like the 701 stuff, you guys are killing it! But the bells and whistles are last! I like the yamaha gp 1200 or xl for the swap. From a reliability stand point and the E-box is plug & play. Also mounts where the OEM blaster's did not on the front of the motor. The ski is missing motor mounts so i think Exteeme's conversion route I'm going to go. Along with their under seat water box. From what i hear the gp750 mid shaft will shift the motor back and the ski is missing that assembly too. But I'm not sure what I'm going to due for a pump. Any thoughts?!? I'm thinking of an aluminium tank too. thoughts?

Do more research because you are very mid lead. It comes down to what motor you find. If you find a gp1200 easy go that route with the Ada kit www.1200blaster.com you will also find the under seat water box there. If you go Kawi and want it done correct (centered in the boat and using factory mounts) the Rad Dudes kit (the original swap kit) is the only one that does this with the right placement. And for wiring, everything is plug and play. Both Kawi bad yami are a 4 wire start stop switch so it's a simple wire job.
Just read more because right now it looks like you are not understanding the swaps. And I hate to have you be one of the many we have been dealing with now that have tried to save money and end up then buying our kits because of unknown issues with the others on the market.

Well I'm thinking a little of both. I live in the dry-est county in Michigan. It's a couple hour drive to ride surf. I mostly am gonna ride flat water. I really like the 701 stuff, you guys are killing it! But the bells and whistles are last! I like the yamaha gp 1200 or xl for the swap. From a reliability stand point and the E-box is plug & play. Also mounts where the OEM blaster's did not on the front of the motor. The ski is missing motor mounts so i think Exteeme's conversion route I'm going to go. Along with their under seat water box. From what i hear the gp750 mid shaft will shift the motor back and the ski is missing that assembly too. But I'm not sure what I'm going to due for a pump. Any thoughts?!? I'm thinking of an aluminium tank too. thoughts?
For me, I would stick to the OEM tank. They most likely hold more fuel than a A/M alloy tank. The biggest advantage of using a factory tank apart from it fits perfect, is that at a quick look ,you can see your fuel level. My 3 cylinder is chewing 3 times the amount of fuel as a 2 pot. These large horsepower motors are such a rush that all you do is ride around in flat out mod. Years ago, when I did my conversion, I had to learn it by trial and error. You a fortunate today as you have at least 3 companies to show you the way.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I think the route you go really depends on what you find for a donor boat, because both yami and kawi swaps are pretty awesome. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. If you can find a GP or XL1200 on the cheap, it is probably less expensive than a Kawi 1100 swap because of the compatibility. I've actually found that the least expensive, most reliable, and most simple way to do the yami swap is to have front mounts glassed in, the rear mounts are already set up in a good spot and allow for the stock midshaft to be used.

Im thinking along the lines that the least expensive, most reliable and the most simple way to put a 1200 in a Blaster would be buying a off the shelf adaptor kit. Here is the 4 step mount process it takes to get ready to drop the 1200 Yamaha in. STEP #1 Order kit .STEP #2 Kit arrives , open box. STEP #3 Bolt front Adaptor plates in using bolts supplied. STEP #4 bolt mounts in . That's it. Drop in the motor. At $150.00 for the 701 Adaptors or $350.00 for the complete kit, im pretty sure that's got to less expensive than glassing in a set of mounts. As for reliability , The 701 Adaptors are made from marine grade Stainless Steel , the way its put together makes them unbreakable and being SS , it is the best product suited to a seawater application. No such thing as corrosion. If you buy the kit, all the bolts etc are Stainless and pre greased. The Mounts are the Gen 3 freestyle mounts [OEM SPEC] that have the only FailSafe system built in. Life time Warranty. Is that reliable enough.? Last thing is how simple to do this 1200 conversion . From the time I open the box to bolting down all the mounts was less than 10 minutes taking my time. Im not a fibreglasser but I figure to set up , make a set of mount plates and then glass them in using some sought of Brass inserts would not be in the 10 min range. Whether its my kit or one of the other quality kits on the market, they will all beat hands down glassing a set of mounts in. IMOstep 1.jpgstep 2.jpgstep 3.jpgstep 4.jpg

Last edited:

ttiedt

02 Octane
Im thinking along the lines that the least expensive, most reliable and the most simple way to put a 1200 in a Blaster would be buying a off the shelf adaptor kit. Here is the 4 step mount process it takes to get ready to drop the 1200 Yamaha in. STEP #1 Order kit .STEP #2 Kit arrives , open box. STEP #3 Bolt front Adaptor plates in using bolts supplied. STEP #4 bolt mounts in . That's it. Drop in the motor. At $150.00 for the 701 Adaptors or $350.00 for the complete kit, im pretty sure that's got to less expensive than glassing in a set of mounts. As for reliability , The 701 Adaptors are made from marine grade Stainless Steel , the way its put together makes them unbreakable and being SS , it is the best product suited to a seawater application. No such thing as corrosion. If you buy the kit, all the bolts etc are Stainless and pre greased. The Mounts are the Gen 3 freestyle mounts [OEM SPEC] that have the only FailSafe system built in. Life time Warranty. Is that reliable enough.? Last thing is how simple to do this 1200 conversion . From the time I open the box to bolting down all the mounts was less than 10 minutes taking my time. Im not a fibreglasser but I figure to set up , make a set of mount plates and then glass them in using some sought of Brass inserts would not be in the 10 min range. Whether its my kit or one of the other quality kits on the market, they will all beat hands down glassing a set of mounts in. IMOView attachment 233099View attachment 233100View attachment 233101View attachment 233102

I like it!!! Quick simple and easy! You'll hear from me when I find my donor. where can this kit be purchased?

701 DAve where can this kit be purchased? Went to the 701 website & couldn't find anything. Do you use the stock blaster midshaft?
Yes Adam, all things stay the same. Just have to match your couplers if using stock. Blasters have a 3 finger and the 1200 runs a 5 finger. You can run any Quality mounts with this set up if you only require the Adaptors. There is a 701 USA stock order leaving AUS at the end of the month. Let 701 Chris know if you would like the full kit or just the Adaptor plates. He has in this shipment 3 coming but only 2 left as of now. WHOA

ttiedt

02 Octane
Yes Adam, all things stay the same. Just have to match your couplers if using stock. Blasters have a 3 finger and the 1200 runs a 5 finger. You can run any Quality mounts with this set up if you only require the Adaptors. There is a 701 USA stock order leaving AUS at the end of the month. Let 701 Chris know if you would like the full kit or just the Adaptor plates. He has in this shipment 3 coming but only 2 left as of now. WHOA

Dave i found this link last night. http://ozfreeride.com/index.php?threads/blaster-1200-conversion.6854/ Do you still recommend staying with the stock pump set up?

Dave I have to ask, so the front mount is now over weighted by the bigger motor and its just hanging from 2 welds? has anyone ran these yet? Dont take that the wrong way, we dont make a yami kit we just sell the ADA. Ever their kit puts more weight on the front but atleast its on the original mounts place. Is that mount with your kit just floating in air?

Dave I have to ask, so the front mount is now over weighted by the bigger motor and its just hanging from 2 welds? has anyone ran these yet? Dont take that the wrong way, we dont make a yami kit we just sell the ADA. Ever their kit puts more weight on the front but atleast its on the original mounts place. Is that mount with your kit just floating in air?
I wont take it the wrong way Mark, you want to know stuff and I will answer you. You are saying the front mounts is now over Weighted because of the way the adapter plates are mounted. My adaptor plates are no different from any other kit as they all overhang the factory mount position. If you see in my above post showing the adapters bolted down in the original mount plate. Why would you think there would be anymore weight on the front mounts of my set up than yours. Doesn't make sense. Addressing your concerns about the "TWO WELDS" No need to worry Mark, I have had a bit of fabrication experience and know how to make things strong. There is actually more than 12 inchs of welding in each adapter plate. Over lapping bi-lateral cut plates welded Top ,bottom and a gusset along the sides makes these the strongest on the market in my opinion. I would back these against any other kit on the market in a flex test on a press. I designed these and tested them myself. These are new on the market . Your a fabricator Mark so there is no need for me to tell you that Stainless Steel is a way more stronger and durable product compared to Alum ,as you would already know that. Last thing is your worried that the front mounts are just floating. I can assure you they are held in place with 100% no chance of going anywhere. Please post up some pics of the kit someone else designed and built that you only sell so I can see what your talking about with regards to the front mount floating. Thanks for asking Mark, I love talking about my stuff. Any thing your not clear on ,please ask and I will answer you. Cheers.

Discussion on these things are needed so the people who just jump and buy products know what they are getting into.
This is the yami kit (Ada)we sell.
www.1200blaster.com
and for Kawi we have sold just about 100 kits to date now. Nice part on the Kawi is you can center it in the mounts and let the boat ride the way it was designed just with way more power. The yami trip you have to deal with that big pipe so it makes it hard to get back and centered.

So I don't end up writing a book here. A pic is worth a 1000 word.
I just CADed this out.
7yqeneme.jpg

Dave i found this link last night. http://ozfreeride.com/index.php?threads/blaster-1200-conversion.6854/ Do you still recommend staying with the stock pump set up?
I cant help you with that one. I put the 155mm pump in because it came out of the GP when I wrecked it, so I thought I will see what it would take to fit it. Im thinking a 144mm would be fine. maybe check with Extreme Throttle, from what I understand they the gurus when it comes to the Yami transplants.

Top Bottom