"upgraded" to a bulb style primer this past winter
didnt last the season!:bad3:
It split open and squirted fuel all over my hand
I looked closely and it is covered with cracks:ugh2:
Ordered new plunger primer to go back on the ski

stanton

High on jetskis.
fkin lame!
my primer started leaking after a few months and last weekend i broke the knob clean off.
i was going to upgrade to the bulb too but now im screwed!

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
which bubble did you get?

i'v had my JSS bubble primer ever since i bought my ski, and who knows how long it was on their before. I must pump it 15-30 times when i ride and it stalls out. (not all at once of course)

PS: Try cutting your finger nails :poke:

Last edited:

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
ive got a jss one and it looks like its starting to dry rot and crack... its been on there since the winter...

i guess they have a short lifespan... but at least you cant stomp them off like the plunger type... ive broken too many of those

Mark44

Katie's Boss
Mine is under the hood and so fare has lasted 3 years.

I think the sun UV rays eats up the bulb and I have searched the net for a replacement but have turned up nothing to replace this type.

Mark44

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
fkin lame!
my primer started leaking after a few months and last weekend i broke the knob clean off.
i was going to upgrade to the bulb too but now im screwed!

One incident is going to change your mind??

I have been running one on my SXR since 2004, yeah, some cracks are starting to show, but no leaks. It has lasted longer than any plunger primier - usually only get about a year out of those.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Mine is under the hood and so fare has lasted 3 years.

I think the sun UV rays eats up the bulb and I have searched the net for a replacement but have turned up nothing to replace this type.

Mark44

ding ding ding,, mine is also as high up as possible, the hood intake covers shields it from the sun. Mine has lasted at least 2.5 years since i'v had it. and it was not new when i got it. :biggrin:

pjsrider

PJS VIPER RIDER
What goes wrong with the plunger type? Me and my dad have had them on two ski's for about 5 years and no problems. One tends to leak a little fuel when you pump it, but it doesnt do it all the time.

Jay

aranka

usually drunk
i just cover the f/a with my hand while starting. that works great and as long as your fuel lines are tight the ski will stay primed for at LEAST a few hours.

What goes wrong with the plunger type? Me and my dad have had them on two ski's for about 5 years and no problems. One tends to leak a little fuel when you pump it, but it doesnt do it all the time.

Jay

The biggest issue I have with the plunger style is the plunger gets snapped off. Either by kicking it or the handpole limit rope catching it, etc.

Top Bottom