Buy a blaster 1?

My first post, great site!
Been out of jet skiing since -98!! I had a GP-760 and a polaris sl 780 and am looking to get away from the
flat turning wave runners.
I tried deep water boarding a B1 way back then from the rear w/o success.
Since then I've seen the "side mount" on youtube etc.
The blaster to me is so intriguing cause I want a true lean in craft no matter brand or type.
I wonder how much of carving you give up if you get a B2.
Maybe the two shouldn't even be compared.
I'm a 6'2" 200lb guy, fairly fit. I guess I could just buy a B1 and hope for the best.
Also contemplating a standup, want something challenging.
Any good advice?

I'm 5"10 260lbs and I love my blaster I have short arms and legs it's funny to watch me try to mount it so I rigged up a long kill switch and a little high idle and it's easy. I really enjoy the blaster espically with the few mods I have and the quick steer mod I'd say give it a try. A lowered seat helps too

Oh, so you still board from the back though?
The idle gives it enough forward momentum and less prone to tip?

AZRIDER

stupid desert
budget?
wb1 and wb2 are like comparing oranges and grapefruits they are both good..but
I honestly believe if you try enough anyone can learn to ride a wb1-- even in the deeps

Yes it will take practice to remount In the deep but you'll get the hang of it and will make u a better rider so u don't want to fall off, although you will it's inevitable :)

Don't let the remounting be your deciding factor not to get one...they are a lot of fun

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
I am 5'10" 165lbs, and board from the rear, no idle. I just grab the handles put one knee up on the tray then the other, start up go, and stand up. It takes a little figuring out what works best for you and then it will be easy and you wont even think about it anymore (to be honest I am not entirely sure that is how I board, it sounds about right though lol). I'd say get the B1 much more versatile craft than the B2.

Thanks for all the advice!
Everything you see and hear about them its hard to imagine I won't have a "blast"
When "skis" are almost exclusively turning more and more into 900lb boats with handle bars
I'll be joining the group looking the opposite way.

Oh, and budget.
I'll have to spend 2k + where I live in SF area to get anything decent.
And I need a trailer too..

I've never had a problem rear mounting with no handles...just climb up on the back deck. Then again I'm very slim so that probably helps.

I am 6'3" 195 I put a flip down re entry bar on my immaculate blaster1 I can just stand on the bar fire up and out. No struggles. It is also for sale;)
yqe8emep.jpg

If you wanna lean b1 is the way to go, you can practically skim your bars on the water, lots of knee dragging too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knee dragging?
I used drag my knees a little on motorcycles 25-30 years ago and have been mostly dragging my ass
since.
Pretty sure I saw your blaster on CL.

Yeah ya know, just messin around they call it the sport bike of the water and I too drag knee on my r1. So message if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
I can climb on the back of mine no problem even in the surf. Not sure how but I do. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
Just rode a blaster for the first time this weekend (funny since this isnt the first one ive owned). i am selling my 96 and in cali too, if your interested or want to ask any questions PM me. they are an awesome time if you get up on them. they are no joke! Totally different than a sitdown and i would keep my if i wasn't trying to build a FW ski. If you spend enough time on the ski you wont have to think about how to get up on it again. i learned alot in a 2hr ride

only time i had a problem getting on my blaster was the first day i had it out.....got my tech down tha day and haven't really had any trouble getting on it since then...

Top Bottom