Calling out Chuckie from Team Scream on msd tl

While at daytona, we were talking about msd tl and the proper way to set it up for Salt water. You had some specific things you do on your setups, that i havent heard from anyone els. I was so mad my ski didn't run that i didn't write anything down or force myself to memorize it. I remember you used oring in the spark plug boot and you used a certain gap on the plug and etc. Could you please go over everything you do on msd's that will see salt water. I appreciate it. tom

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Call shop and leave a # to call you back today as I'll almost done with #7 1000 cc motor I hope to get the MSD all wired in and hopefully fired up and be ready for lake run tomorrow...
TEAM SCREAM RACING
1988 Carroll St.
Clearwater, Fl. 33765
(727)442-7700

Must be a secret then.

or he is just busy and needs to get stuff done before havasu and what not.

And Paul and other builders dont have there tricks for things ?

People are so easy to call out other builders.
Unless I am seeing that wrong ?

no, you are right pete. you don't see magicians going around showing each other how to do there tricks do you? no, and why you ask? because those tricks are unique and that differentiates them from the competition

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Who has called anybody out??
Tom asked a question, Chuckie said "Call Me"

Setting up a total loss system is not like hooking up an enhancer...........

godocgo

sport
well i am not getting in the middle of this one,

but tj taught me this : in the deutch connectors we fill it full of silicone grease then plug them together. the entire system is hard wired (soldered) together no cheesy water proof connectors. then each connection has heat shrink tubing with the expoxy in it. the number one thing that has shown up for issues with most racers is improper grounds on the system.

hope that helps you. the oring thing in the plug boot i have never heard of?
would like to know more.

lee

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
well i am not getting in the middle of this one,

but tj taught me this : in the deutch connectors we fill it full of silicone grease then plug them together. the entire system is hard wired (soldered) together no cheesy water proof connectors. then each connection has heat shrink tubing with the expoxy in it. the number one thing that has shown up for issues with most racers is improper grounds on the system.

hope that helps you. the oring thing in the plug boot i have never heard of?
would like to know more.

lee

Heatshrink connectors with the heat activated glue inside were a staple in my toolbox when I lived/rode in Hawaii. You could find them at any hardware store over there too.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I need to find me some of those. The best I got so far are the heatshrink/solder/crimp connectors. They work well.

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
the most important thing about the MSD working in salt is to make sure you have a good seal between the flywheel cover and the cases. I also found out the hard way that the MSD flywheel cover gromet suck azz, you need to use the OEM rubber ones along with a good amount of silicone.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
the most important thing about the MSD working in salt is to make sure you have a good seal between the flywheel cover and the cases. I also found out the hard way that the MSD flywheel cover gromet suck azz, you need to use the OEM rubber ones along with a good amount of silicone.

The JSS grommet kicks ass for total loss! :bigok:
I had water intrusion issues into the flywheel area until I finally swapped it for the JSS grommet.

tom21

havin fun
oh sorry off topic- the best way I have found to seal a TL is to leave it in the box. they never go bad with the bubble wrap and cardboard around em sitting on the shelf. :fing02:

Top Bottom