300/440/550 Can Old ski's compete with new ski's???

djyox

Old school -not by choice
I think if you got a bigger pump in the 550 hull, that would be somethin!

I would really like to see a 750 motor and 750 pump in a 550 hull....

chubbies... yes! bought the hull early last year from charles. dropped a 650 in it that i built and rode it for a short time.

the motor that charles built came up for sale at a super low price. bought it, rode it, awesome 550 hull.

i've rode since 83 and this thing is amazing. handles like a fx1, alittle heavier up front. but on steriods

Attachments

• vintage 2 550650 005.jpg
    vintage 2 550650 005.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 136

djyox

Old school -not by choice
sjaholic - I thought I already posted but I guess not... Do you have any more pictures of that yellow ski? what year is the hull?

It looks sweet, and sounds like a nice ride...

FreestyleFreak

Region 7 AM Freestyle
650sx

I think a built sx like mine could bet newer skis.My 650sx has about everything you can do to it done.It is one fast fast ski.It will beat most 750 and can hang with the 800 barley but a 800 can still bet me.

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
I've ridden some way fast 550 hulled standups and anything over 50mph is pretty much like riding a marble,one wrong move and you are coming off and I do mean the hard way.If they want to race 550's they need to do so in a vintage class maybe along with 650's also,I really don't see how you could be competitive on one against the newer boats.

I have to agree learning that personally on mine around 54 it wasnt pretty from what little i could remember other than ouch :frown:

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
hey .. I just contacted a guy on ebay that claims his 550 conversion ski can go 63 mph ! ... somehow I dont think so .. i am also working on dropping a 650 with westcoast head 175 psi with westcoast pipe into a 440 hull just waiting on a few parts .... I dont expect to get into the 60s LOL was thinking maybe a tad over 50 if i am lucky .. here is the guys engine pic he sent me ... looks VERY nice ..

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
550 with a HEMI
wow that looks nutty i would love to see that with a 750 pump glassed in

my ski is up for sale on pwc. buy it. i need to pay for another deck i'm adding to the house!

Attachments

• DSCF1746.JPG
    DSCF1746.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF1747.JPG
    DSCF1747.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF1740.JPG
    DSCF1740.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom