Can someone help me understand this??

I am looking for bottom end. And am reading about boring the nozzle. I am so confused! I searched nozzle, and went through all 500 results and am still wondering what the heck to do! I have a 98 sj, so it does not have the big obstruction the the nozzle like a square nose it is a smooth nozzle. But the walls are so thin already, how does it make a difference to cut any more of that at. I did not have my mic's but how much material is really being removed? I understand you leave the veins alone but what about the cooling duct that is in the nozzle? Leave it or cut it???

If anyone can help me, please do!! I've got the lathe but not the know how!!

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Put it at 85mm and call it good. That's kind of the standard, though some go further and some less.

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
Also, if you've installed a scupper or one way valve, and dispensed with the stock siphon, you can get rid of that big ugly siphon obstruction.

I dont have a scupper or a valve, is there another way to remove that obstruction and get the siphon elsewhere?

I am going to have to go look at a diagram for that siphon, mine was not even hooked up, do I need it???

Never mind, I did not know that the stock RN had a syphon bilge through the pump, I have electric pumps and never use them so the restriction in the nozzle is coming out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom