can you install spring on pole without removing the bracket?

i have it all together ( the pole to the ski)
but ive just noticed that the spring is wrong, ie the part that touches the pole is inside the pole bottom, NOT on the outside as it should be.

Ive ive already seallled the bracket down with selleys( silcon adhesvie) etc so my question is can i fix this up without having to remove the bracket.

if so, can this be done with ones person?

please reply

Dont take the pole back off, just slide the bolt out until there is enough space for the spring to come out. Keep one side of the bolt in the holes to keep the pole in place. tie the pole up to a ceiling rafter to hold it up so you can work without needing 6 hands.

you need something to push the spring in (back end of a wrench), or a hunk of wood, while you slide the bolt half way into the spring to hold it in place. then push hard on the spring again while you line up the bolt to get it through. add some cursing for effect. seems to help.

haha thats FP and BK.

ill try again with the socket idea, but i think my spring is a homemade one, one which is incredibly wound, though its gone on there before i suppose ( not from me) when i took the pole off i had to take the brackt off with it ( from memory) so idk, another try.
some cursing should naturally flow.

i cant believe my 550 project is nearly over
after my walllet replenishes, in some time, ALOT of time, ill get rid of that old PP convert reed valve "frankenstine" engine and put a 650 in, i hear there bulletproof

anyways i upload a few pics if poss

nose ad walls fiilled with cabosill exposy, then glasses over smoothhhh.hull bottom and bulk head glassed too, thanks to mark gomez actually. i was talking to him at the Oz rip ad ride here in sydney and told him about my project as i was following his thread on his 550 mod.

anyways he told me to reinforce the bulk head too, lol didnt even know wat it was.....

anywahhhh

here dat dere CARBON WALLS WITH DAT DERRRREE CARBON RAPPING OVER TO THE HOOD SEAL TURRFFFF

mirin mods bros

Attachments

• carbon walls complete.jpg
    carbon walls complete.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 14
Top Bottom