SXR Cannibal's build - IS FINISHED!!! decks split, rocker nose, -3

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I got some time on this boat at Surf Slam.
To sum it up, one of my top four favorite freeride boats ever. Super fun to ride. I could not get it to pearl. It feels much lighter than your standard SXR but still rails the same. No more plowing through waves. It's just very playful and demands to be ridden hard on the waves. Handles similarly to a Freak on the waves, but obviously heavier and more planted. I was surfing and doing re-entries with it. Absolutely fantastic job on this, Steve.

Talk to X-metal . They are great about standing behind their products . I would not expect a new pole , but they may be willing to help you out . My experience with them has been phenomenal . You really did a great job on your build good to see the ride reports ....... whats next ..... I know you gears are turning.

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Thanks Kevin...gears are turning, but my wife and I are working on some things that will bring some change early next year (no it's not a child...lol), so nothing really planned right now. Any future projects will be done with no deadline. I hated working under pressure, it got things done, but too much stress.

I contacted X-Metal, they said I can send them this pole, and upgrade to an adjustable one for $290. Not a bad deal, but welding is free for me. Adjustable would be nice though.

Water test a complete success! Tuning was spot on! This thing hits hard. The power is awesome!

Hull is very playful, but you can still blast across the water with zero porpoising. The wide rails make it feel light in the water and you can feel the built in turning sponsons grab on corners. I felt like it was going to slide out on me, but it just hooked. Going to take some getting used to.

I went out with Casey (dirtnut99) and his wife's cousin Ray Spaulding, some of you FL boys might know him (I don't think he's on here though???). The reviews from both of them were fantastic as well. Ray has ridden quite a few aftermarket hulls and according to him, it feels comparable, you can tell it has some weight to it, but rides light and nimble. He thinks it should flat water flip with some trim and a good setup. Maybe, we'll see about that someday.

Here's some pics:

View attachment 194442View attachment 194443View attachment 194444View attachment 194445View attachment 194446View attachment 194448View attachment 194447

Interested in that gas tank rig how do you fill it? how did you attach the hoses on the sides? info please...

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Yep, vent line. What I found on that cap is that it has a one way valve built in. I didn't actually need to drill it out and add a vent line with one way valve.

That tank will get replaced eventually when I get around to it, but it works, and was under $20 with fittings and cap.

I kicked around the idea of some self sealing quick disconnects (McMaster has them) and have a few pre-filled tanks, then just undo your quick disco, unstrap your tank and slap in a full one. No filling or spilling on the beach.

Top Bottom