Super Jet Can't seem to figure out what is wrong with this superjet (WITH VIDEO)

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
You guys know how I am, but start at the beginning. Forget VA ride, check compression again, do a leak down, check reeds, inspect/clean carbs, test stator specs to book, test all electrics to spec, I have a stock CDI that is def good, have used it once before to help diagnose his. jumper start stop, although the one he bought was from me and I tested it before daytona, did he install a new ground cable like we talked about doing? Is flywheel on key properly? are all Ebox push connections tight? those get funky swapping parts. considering he had broken reeds before.... did he buy all new ones or? That all I can think of now.

Last edited:
You guys know how I am, but start at the beginning. Forget VA ride, check compression again, do a leak down, check reeds, inspect/clean carbs, test stator specs to book, test all electrics to spec, I have a stock CDI that is def good, have used it once before to help diagnose his. jumper start stop, although the one he bought was from me and I tested it before daytona, did he install a new ground cable like we talked about doing? Is flywheel on key properly? are all Ebox push connections tight? those get funky swapping parts. considering he had broken reeds before.... did he buy all new ones or? That all I can think of now.

I have no idea with details of his build really besides what I have said. While he was doing the Ebox , engine and whatever else... I was in the spray booth painting this hog. I dont think Justin is going to VA anymore now due to his issues with this ski. Sucks that all the paint work was rushed to get done and now hes not going.... damn gremlins

Big Kahuna

Administrator
crap, try a new start stop switch, and also replace the pigtail that the start stop connects to at the electrical box. I had a bad pigtail once and it gave me all kinda of fits.
Also, swap the white wires on the enhancer. Been there, done that.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
A faulty voltage regulator just drains the battery. It doesn't cause the engine to run badly.

hfthe3rd

NewYork Crew
I have no idea with details of his build really besides what I have said. While he was doing the Ebox , engine and whatever else... I was in the spray booth painting this hog. I dont think Justin is going to VA anymore now due to his issues with this ski. Sucks that all the paint work was rushed to get done and now hes not going.... damn gremlins

tell justin to stop bitching and come anyways !!! ill put his tricycle in the back of my truck if it makes him happy!

This is 1Hydroman's ski... Its crying to see the water. Something has to help out this situation...

All she needs is a Hoodseal, Some turf and the main thing... to RUN LIKE A BEAST...

skis.jpg

Big Kahuna

Administrator
done all off those things put know i have a riva cdi .

Pull the flame arrestor, crank it up, look down the throats, is it caughing fuel mix back up?? Might want to check the reeds and or see if the reed blocks have come loose, had this happen once. I replaced coil, plugs, etc etc. Finally pulled carbs again, and was looking down and noticed a gap that should not have been there. Had a stripped bolt, read block was moving around.

Top Bottom